PDA

View Full Version : Martial Arts Technique Variation

Kawakami Gensai
24th July 2004, 18:36
I've already said before my style is Okinawan-shorinryu, and like a lot of others I plan to stick with one style. As Musashi said, sticking with one style and learning as many techniques as possible is the best optive. So, does anyone have any suggestions (any techniques I could use that are unique to different styles)?

Gene Williams
24th July 2004, 18:49
I would learn some grappling techniques from someone in judo or BJJ. I would also take a hint from boxers and hit the heavy bag a good bit.

Jock Armstrong
25th July 2004, 00:34
Wot gene said............:)

monkeyboy_ssj
26th July 2004, 16:10
Personally I would have a go at some Muay Thai for fitness reasons and also putting great power into your kicks.

Maybe if you want to do something completely different think about some Gung Fu? Like Wing Chun or Five Animal Fists, it could help you to understand the other spectrum of the martial arts doing somthing acrobatic and circular or somthing with a completely different body mechanic idea of punching, kicking, throwing to what you already do.

Sometimes things that are completely different can still compliment each other, sort of like the Ying & Yang idea :)

Cheers