PDA

View Full Version : Persimmon FREEBIE!!

Finny
25th July 2004, 13:40
G'day guys (and girls),

There's a little story to this post... I was shopping with my girlfriend in a factory direct shopping centre (mall, for you yanks;) ), when we came across one of those 'trying desperately to get rid of every book we have left' book sales.

Being a big reader I ran straight in, hoping to find a bargain.

Perusing the sports section, I found a couple of nice cheap boxing books, as well as..... da da da daaaa.... PERSIMMON WIND by Dave Lowry, going for a measly $1.95 AUD. I've been meaning to buy this for a while, having read 'Traditions', so of course I snapped it up.

Looking back on it, there were I think two more copies for sale, and at $1.95 I was going to buy them and give them to mates. Thing is, not many of my mates are into MA, and those that have a (slight) interest wouldn't be interested enough to really be able to appreciate the book.

So... to the point... if anyone's interested, preferably in Australia so the postage isn't too much (I'm a broke unemployed uni student), I'd be happy to go buy the remaining copies and mail them to people.

I've never been a big believer in karma, but a complete stranger was kind enough to recently send me some home made dvd's of the 'Way of the Warrior' series, all the way from England, at his own expense, so, knowing what that meant to me, if there's someone out there who'd really like a copy of this book, feel free to email me at brendanfinn@lycos.com

Cheers, and apologies for the rambling post,
Brendan

JAnstey
28th July 2004, 05:52
Howsit goin Brendan,

If your still up for it I would love to get the reamining copies and will be very happy to deposit the funds into your bank to cover your expenses.

I found a copy in one of those shops 2 years ago and gave it to my Sempai as a little gift. So I wouldn't mind getting some for a few of the people at the dojo.

Awesome post!

Cheers

Jason

sammycerv
28th July 2004, 06:23
I'd like a copy, but I'm in the States.

Finny
29th July 2004, 09:08
Hi Jason

Where in W.A. are you? I'm in Perth myself, so if you're near the metro area, it shouldn't be a problem to drop you off a copy - no need to worry about expenses mate, I just thought at two bucks it's practically nothing, and I can give em to someone who'd really appreciate them.

There were only two copies left after mine, and I've been speaking to a guy in Canada who sent me an email and I told him I'd send him a copy if the postage wasnt too much... don't suppose you'd know how much it'd cost to send a book to Canada, do you?

Anyways, that should take care of my two remaining copies... sorry Sam.

Cheers guys,
Brendan

Jonathan Webber
2nd August 2004, 01:52
I'm in Brisbane if you can get a copy my way send me a pm with your bank details and I'll deposit some money in your account to cover the cost of the book and postage.

Cheers