PDA

View Full Version : Shinobi Documentary . . .

KENZEN
2nd August 2004, 18:23
For those interested, I have recently put up a website for the ninjutsu documentary that I have been working on for the last few years. Though it's currently in the post-production stages, you can view the trailer and film synopsis. Much effort has been put into this film to represent all of the legitimate organizations respectfully and to present the art with as much integrity as possible. http://www.shinobiwinds.com. Thank you.

Best Regards,
BRANDON ALVAREZ

Kreth
2nd August 2004, 19:32
Looks interesting... you misspelled "Synopsis" in the title for that page.

Jeff

IKE
2nd August 2004, 20:47
Wow! Looks cool! Definitely keep us updated.:cool:

Budoka 34
3rd August 2004, 23:34
Very nicely done.
What format/s will the film be released in?

:smilejapa

UK TITAN
4th August 2004, 18:13
I saw Shawn Havens listed.
Is he still active with Manaka's Dojo?

KENZEN
4th August 2004, 19:03
The documentary will be made available in DVD format. Also, it will be making the rounds at documentary film festivals throughout the country.
In response to the question about Mr. Havens, Manaka-sensei, having completed his intentions of establishing the Jinenkan in the States, has returned to Japan. Since that time, Mr. Havens is no longer affiliated with the Jinenkan. The interview was shot in March of 2002 when both he and Manaka-sensei were kind enough to lend their time and knowledge to the film.
- BRANDON ALVAREZ

Baio
5th August 2004, 01:11
another little spelling correction it's is for it is for a possesive you use its

tcasella
5th August 2004, 10:51
An attention getter. Definetly interested in seeing finished product.

Filip Poffe
5th August 2004, 11:02
Hi Brandon,

Can you confirm which Grandmasters and organisations will officially cooperate on this interesting project ?

Best regards,

KENZEN
6th August 2004, 21:35
In regards to the organizations represented, they are as follows: - The Bujinkan is represented with interviews from members such as Hatsumi-sensei, Mr. Bud Malmstrom, Mr. David Dow, and Mr. Matthew Woodard. - The Jinenkan is represented by Manaka-sensei and, former Jinenkan member, Mr. Shawn Havens. - The Quest Center organization (Bujinkan affiliated) will be represented by Mr. Stephen Hayes and Mrs. Rumiko Hayes. - Talks are currently in the works to interview Tanemura-sensei from the Genbukan Organization. - Also, although a style-derivative of ninjutsu, Mr. Robert Bussey of Robert Bussey & Associates Personal Protection Consulting Firm will be in the film, due to his impact and efforts in the spread of the art in the 1980's.
Hope this information helps.
Respectfully,
BRANDON ALVAREZ

BudoGrrl
13th August 2004, 21:24
I WANT IT! :-) How do I get a copy?

Alex Schellinger