PDA

View Full Version : Koi yama-ryu Aikijujitsu (Phil Pedersen)

ricochet
15th August 2004, 20:45
I was pondering the passage of the past ten years (oh, how quickly they've gone by) and I wondered what happened to the various members of Sensei Pedersen's school. Sure, i've run into a couple members over the years...but is anyone here on the board? Did you continue with your training? How has life treated you?

I'll chime in with what I've been up to if/when there are any responses.

Cheers,

Mark Jakabcsin
16th August 2004, 04:28
Originally posted by ricochet

I'll chime in with what I've been up to if/when there are any responses.

Cheers,

Gee wouldn't that just be grand. I hope, I hope, I hope someone responds so I can hear you chime, chime, chime.

mark (as if I care) j.

PS. Do you think your post was just a tiny bit arrogant?

PPSS. I'm not associated with the Koi yama ryu AJJ in any way shape or form. Simply feeling a little pissy tonight. :kiss:

ricochet
16th August 2004, 07:00
Actually you missread my post. If no one from that school was here, i didn't think it would be necessary to share what I've been doing.

Since this thread obviously doesn't apply to you, I don't really understand why you felt compelled to post.

Mark Barlow
27th August 2004, 17:35
Koi Yama....Love Mountain? Am I translating that wrong or is it mutant goldfish mountain? I'm not being critical of the name as I realize how many different ways Japanese words and characters can be translated. I train in Akayama Ryu Jujutsu and a Japanese friend told me that depending on what characters are used, it could be translated Red Mountain, Trash Mountain or Communist Nation. We'll stick with Red Mountain.

Mark Barlow

Josh Erdahl
11th August 2013, 02:30
Hello! My name is Josh and I studied with Phil Pedersen sensei until he called it quits in 1993. I have drifted away from the Seattle area and now live in Vancouver WA. I often think of Koiyama sensei and wonder how he is doing. I hope, whoever this may be, that life has treated you well.

Nathan Scott
11th August 2013, 04:30
Is it just me, or did this thread suddenly materialize in the AJJ forum??? I guess it belongs here, but I don't remember seeing it before (maybe I'm losing it).

In any event, enjoy the reunion.

Cady Goldfield
11th August 2013, 04:47
It is a 9-year-old thread, so you might just have forgotten about it until Josh Erdahl came across it and posted, a couple hours ago.