PDA

View Full Version : All Japan Battoudo Meet

Robert Steele
2nd November 2000, 17:02
Hey guys,
Bob, Animo, Bob L., welcome home and congratulations. You kicked butt and made us proud.

Animo
4th November 2000, 17:53
Hey Robert,

I'm glad to be back, but I really miss Japan. I had a blast this year. Normal life seems pretty boring in comparison. :D I hope I can remember the details of the new kata we learned. My camcorder broke and all we have is what we could remember.

The Tai Kai was awesome. I can not begin to explain how it felt to receive the first place trophies. It was a moment I’ll never forget. I’m sure you’ll be able to pick up where we left off. :smilejapa

Animo

Gil Gillespie
7th November 2000, 19:34
Hey Robert

What's up with your Interests profile? Sword arts/ Toyama Ryu. Hooy mon, we KNOW that! That's why you're on the website. How about that you're an exquisite sculptor with the soul of a poet, a man whose taste in beer is gourmet? That's what your E-budo brothers and sisters wanna know.

Robert Steele
8th November 2000, 00:33
Gill,
Ah shucks, man, ya making me blush.
Robert

Gojudude
8th November 2000, 00:41
Hey Mr. Bob ( er I mean Robert) what is with this "lovely" comment stuff ???

Gil Gillespie
8th November 2000, 03:10
Hi Gojudude

A gentle reminder to sign with your full name on e-budo. As to your interests profile, is your life well-rounded ;-) ?

Robert Steele
8th November 2000, 14:40
Gojudude,
What? Ya questioning my taste in men? For the record, I have nothing but respect and admiration for Tom-san and the fine job he did MCing the tai kai. Also I feel reviews should not read as dry as the minutes of a meeting or be so over zealous (for lack of a better word this time of morning) as to sound as if every minute, word, drop of sweat with sensei or who/whatever is a mystical expierence. The tai kai was great, the people in it were great, and I take a somewhat evil pleasure at poking harmless fun at my friends.
Robert

Gojudude
8th November 2000, 23:34
I guess I should have signed my real name to that reply about your comment.... gee and I thought you really cared for a minute !!!

Tom Smyth ( aka gojudude)

Robert Steele
9th November 2000, 03:31
Gojudude,
Truth is, I kind of suspected, but it was too much to hope, I didn't want to set myself up...well, you know.

Hey, I understand you kicked some serious butt in Seattle! Way to go!!! You're still my hero.
Robert

ghp
9th November 2000, 07:28
Robert,

I received the taikai brochures today -- many thanks.

Regards,
Guy