PDA

View Full Version : marketing a judo program

O'Neill
22nd September 2004, 23:39
Any tips on running a judo dojo, not just a club. I saw an article in a martial arts business journal but it was very superficial. How would you market a judo dojo? Do you see a judo school doing well financially?

O'Neill
2nd October 2004, 14:18
Aren't there any suggestions or thoughts on this topic?

Mitch Saret
2nd October 2004, 18:54
Many judo dojo can be successful. But I am no marketing guru. I get all of that through United Professionals. You can adapt any of the info from any of the organizations, NAPMA, MAIA, UP, etc., to judo. There is a djo out in Scottsdale, AZ that is quite successful, even though they are small. Goshin Karate & Judo Academy. They have a website too, find them at http://www.goshinkarate.com/
Lots of stuff. The basics are this..show the benefits of what you do. Whether it's adults or kids, and you should market to them separately, you need to show your prospects what you do and how it benefits them. If you want to run a fully traditional dojo that's fine, but the student has to understand why it's beneficial for them.

Jdalton51
13th October 2004, 04:25
There are many factors to consider when making a marketing plan.

Who is your audience? Who do you want to reach? Someone who has never tried Judo before? Do you have an established group you'd like to attract? Kids? Women? Men? Adults? What skill level?

What is your competition? Are there a lot of dojos, McDojos, YMCA's university/college/jr. college/community colleges? Do they offer Judo?

What is your budget?

What are your resources for marketing the dojo? Newspaper, TV, Magazines, Fliers, Word of mouth, referrals?