PDA

View Full Version : Jutte in Bujinkan

Okashira
27th September 2004, 06:56
Hello everyone,
I saw someplace a video of Hatsumi sensei involving Jutte Jutsu or something like that.
I would like to know the curuculum of which Bujinkan ryu includes jutte.

Thank you.

poryu
27th September 2004, 10:26
HI

the Kukishinden Ryu has a jutte section called Juppo Sessho and it contains 5 kata

Okashira
27th September 2004, 11:37
Ok,
thanks!

l_jackal
19th October 2004, 19:45
Hi to all.
Does Juppo Sessho include any kind of...ahmmm...principle (even "spiritual")? There 's a video of Arnaud Cousergue, and here in Greece there are 2 of his students who speak of Juppo Sessho, as well as the theme of 2004, but honestly I can 't figure out what they speak about. And when I asked them, they said..."buy our new book, you 'll understand" !!!
Could somebody shed some light on the themes of 2003-4, plz?

Tamdhu
19th October 2004, 20:28
When you figure it out, please inform the rest of us. We're all wondering too!

; )

Gary Arthur
21st October 2004, 14:36
Doesn't Juppo Sessho, or Juppo Sessho Hiden No Jutsu mean 'Ten Way secret Negotiation Techniquie' which simple means being able to defend against the ten directions. North, East, South and West. North East, North West, South East, South West, Above and below.
This kind of idea is particularly important when dealing dealing with taijutsu or holding small hand held weapons. I believe that this principle was originally the name of the art before it became Takagi Yoshin Ryu which obviously has a lot of connections with Kukishin Ryu. I think also Juppo Sessho is mentioned in Dr Hatsumis' Japanese Hanbojutsu book in relation to the jutte.
The problem is that when one learns a principle some people try to make out they have some secret knowledge.
Its a little like the Bujinkan black belts that were teaching Yagyu Shingan Ryu only a few months after Tanemura Sensei brought out his demonstration tape that included 3 techniques from Yagyu Shingan Ryu.