PDA

View Full Version : Tennen Rishin Ryu Dojo?

darkrose
30th October 2004, 23:09
Hello everyone, I just wanted to ask if anyone knew of a way that I could study Tennen Rishin Ryu without having to go all the way to Japan any help would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,
Juan Chevere

Chris deMonch
31st October 2004, 06:13
I'm afraid Japan is the only route open to ya if you want to study in that particular ryu. I've heard of it in Osaka, but I don't think it has a foothold anywhere outside Japan.

darkrose
31st October 2004, 15:23
Thank you for replying. What about Shinto Munen Ryu do you think there would be a way to study that in the U.S.

Sincerely,
Juan Chevere

Chris deMonch
31st October 2004, 15:34
Going through styles used by Shinsengumi members eh? Anywho, a guy at Swordfest here in PA this past summer did some Shindo Munen Ryu. I think if you look in the area between PA and VA you'll find it.

darkrose
1st November 2004, 01:07
He he you got me there, anyway whats the difference between Shinto and Shindo Munen Ryu. Because I have heard of both and I wondered if there was much difference between the two. Oh and thanks for replying Im sorry if i have taken up a lot of youre time.

Sincerely
Juan Chevere

Chris deMonch
1st November 2004, 03:13
Far as I know it's the same school, just the name pronounced two different ways depending on who you talk to. I've seen the same thing with Shinto Muso Ryu being pronounced as Shindo Muso Ryu.

darkrose
1st November 2004, 20:03
Thats what I thought. Thank you very much Chris youve been great help.

Sincerely,
Juan Chevere

darkrose
1st November 2004, 21:04
Wait a minute are you Sensei Paul Manogue??

Juan Chevere

Chris deMonch
1st November 2004, 22:13
Nope. I am one of his students though.

darkrose
2nd November 2004, 21:53
Oh ok, thanks for youre help man.

Juan Chvere