PDA

View Full Version : Information

Ron Goninan
11th November 2000, 05:47
Does anyone here have any knowledge or information about the Koshiro-Ryu/Kojo-Ryu style of Okinawa and Irimaji Seiji 10th Dan Hanshi, and Yoshiaka Koshiro???

Regards,

Ron Goninan

Doug Daulton
13th November 2000, 23:02
Originally posted by Ron Goninan ... Does anyone here have any knowledge or information about the Koshiro-Ryu/Kojo-Ryu style of Okinawa and Irimaji Seiji 10th Dan Hanshi, and Yoshiaka Koshiro???
Ron,

According to Mark Bishop's book; "Okinawan Karate: Teachers, styles and traditions"; 2nd Ed. ... Kojo-ryu is no longer taught on Okinawa due to the age Kojo Kafu and the poor health of his son Kojo Shigeru. Apparently, it is still publicly taught on the mainland (Totori City: Totori Prefecture) by Hayashi Shingo.

Mr. Bishop's book has a 9 page chapter dedicated to Kojo-ryu a.k.a. Koshiro-ryu. A cursory reread of the chapter makes no reference to either Irimaji Seiji or Yoshiaka Koshiro.

John Sells' "Unante: Secrets of Karate"; 2nd Edition includes several references to Kojo-ryu as well, including a chapter on the style and it's relationship to Goju-ryu. I've not yet read this book or chapter, so cannot provide further detail.

I hope these references are helpful. If I turn up any more, I'll pass them on.