PDA

View Full Version : Ono ha itto ryu dojo in Japan?

YagyuJubei
30th November 2004, 07:18
I going to Japan next year. I want to learn ono ha itto ryu kenjutsu. Can anyone recommend where to find a dojo? I am going to stay at Niigata for 2 years and later Tokyo.

Regards,
S.S.

Brian Owens
30th November 2004, 07:24
Originally posted by YagyuJubei
...I want to learn ono ha itto ryu kenjutsu....
Your user name is Yagyu Jubei and you want to learn Itto Ryu?

What's wrong with Yagyu Shinkage Ryu or Yagyu Shingan Ryu? ;)

YagyuJubei
30th November 2004, 11:02
Nothing wrong with it accept I think ono ha itto ryu are more closely associate with my kendo root.

YagyuJubei
1st December 2004, 12:53
Where can I find Ono ha itto ryu dojo? Prefer the direct line from Mr. Sasamori Junzo or his son. In Tokyo or Niigata.

YagyuJubei
2nd December 2004, 07:13
I really appreciate your reply. thank you.

YagyuJubei
6th December 2004, 18:00
?q–ö?¶?V‰A—¬Œ•“¹?r
?u?@Žt?@‰Á–ÎŽs’·?@?¬’r?´•F
ŠJ?u“ú?@‚XŒŽ‚S“ú?i?…?j
ŒmŒÃ“ú?@–ˆŒŽ‘æ‚P?E‘æ‚R?…—j“ú?AŒßŒã‚VŽž?`‚XŽž
?ê?@?Š?@‹Î˜J?Â?_”Nƒz?[ƒ€‚RŠKŒy‰^“®?ê
?@—¬‘c?E?ã?òˆÉ?¨Žç?M?j?A–ö?¶?Î?M?Ö?@ŠÞˆÈ—ˆ?A‚»‚Ì‚Ü‚ÜŒp?³‚³‚ê‚Ä‚«‚½‘g‘¾“?‚Æ“?–@‚ðŒmŒÃ‚¢‚½‚µ‚Ü‚·?B‘Ü’| “?‚ÅŒmŒÃ‚µ‚Ü‚·‚̂ňÀ‘S‚Å‚·?B
?@–ö?¶?V‰A—¬‚ª?ã’B‚³‚ꂽ‚ç?AŒäŠó–]‚Ì•û‚É‚Í?A?¬–ì”hˆê“?—¬?i—¬‘c?EˆÉ“¡ˆê“??ÖŒi‹v?A?¬–쎟˜Y‰E‰q–å’‰–¾?j?A“ñ“Vˆê—¬?i—¬‘c?E‹{–{•?‘_Œº?M?j?A —Ñ?è—¬‹??‡?i—¬‘c?E—Ñ?è?r?•?d?M?j‚ðŒmŒÃ‚¢‚½‚µ‚Ü‚·?B
?@ŠJ?uŒã‚Å‚à?A?_”N‚©‚ç˜V”N‚Ü‚Å?A’j?«‚à?—?«‚à‚¢‚Â‚Å‚à‚¨‹CŒy‚É‚¨‰z‚µ‚_‚¾‚³‚¢?B

My friend sent this information about Ono Ha Itto Ryu in Niigata to me. I am just start to learn Japanese language. I believe it is about Yagyu Shikage Ryu, and the teacher will teach Ono Ha Itto Ryu, Niten Ichi Ryu, and Hayashizaki Ryu Iai after one make progress in Yagyu Shinkage Ryu.

Someone with Japanese language knowledge please help me translate this message. Do I understand it correctly?

If what I understand from the message is correct, how come this teacher can teach many koryu to a student. Doesn't it better to stay just one ryu until one get a menkyo kaiden????

DCPan
7th December 2004, 00:18
Speaking of which (http://www.budovideos.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=19964&cat=364&page=1)...

Daniel Lee
7th December 2004, 00:45
YagyuJubei,

Your reading of the Japanese is correct. For someone just starting to learn Japanese, you've done a wonderful job of translating it :)

YagyuJubei
7th December 2004, 06:23
Thank you Mr.Lee. It's very hard because I have to find almost every kanji and every word from japanese-english dictionary.

I still curious about this mix-ryu practice. I would like to hear the opinion from senior member of this board.

Regards,

John Mark Dunn
7th December 2004, 14:52
If what I understand from the message is correct, how come this teacher can teach many koryu to a student. Doesn't it better to stay just one ryu until one get a menkyo kaiden????

I can't get the Japanese on my computer... and I don't know the people involved, but if what you've said is correct, I think you are right to be VERY suspicious... this person actually claims to be qualified to teach Ono Ha Itto Ryu, Niten Ichi Ryu, Hayashizaki Ryu Iai AND Yagyu Shinkage Ryu? I don't think so... that kind of claim belongs on "Baffling Budo", not "Sword Arts".

(If he's NOT claiming that, my apologies)

renfield_kuroda
8th December 2004, 01:20
There are several ryuha that are often practiced together. For example Shindomusoryu, uchidaryu, isshinryu, and ikkakuryu (jo, tanjo, tessen/jutte, kusarigama).
Don't know about ittoryu but it may be a similar situation.

Regards,

r e n

John Mark Dunn
8th December 2004, 13:22
Maybe so... but... seriously... He teaches Shinkage Ryu, Ittou Ryu, AND Ni-ten-ichi ryu? Three of Japan's "daihyou-teki-na" kenjutsu? There's certainly no cross-training with Ittou Ryu and Shinkage Ryu... Where is that "mayu-tsuba" emoticon?

Earl Hartman
8th December 2004, 18:58
Originally posted by renfield_kuroda
There are several ryuha that are often practiced together. For example Shindomusoryu, uchidaryu, isshinryu, and ikkakuryu (jo, tanjo, tessen/jutte, kusarigama). Don't know about ittoryu but it may be a similar situation.

Ren:

All of the arts you mention, are, to the best of my knowledge, subsumed within the curriculum of Shinto Muso Ryu jo and no longer exist as separate arts. AFAIK, they are taught only to senior exponents of Shinto Muso Ryu jo (you forgot Shinto Ryu kenjutsu, BTW). So they are all part of Shinto Muso Ryu now.

I don't think this is analagous to the situaton Sanpat is talking about.

I would aslo be quite suspicious of someone who claimed to be a licensed instructor in Itto Ryu, Niten Ichi Ryu AND Yagyu Shinkage Ryu.

renfield_kuroda
9th December 2004, 01:43
Originally posted by Earl Hartman
All of the arts you mention, are, to the best of my knowledge, subsumed within the curriculum of Shinto Muso Ryu jo and no longer exist as separate arts. AFAIK, they are taught only to senior exponents of Shinto Muso Ryu jo (you forgot Shinto Ryu kenjutsu, BTW). So they are all part of Shinto Muso Ryu now.
Ah, I did not realize that they are not taught independently of Shindomusoryu...then again come to think of it I've never seen an ikkakuryu practitioner who wasn't at least menkyo in Shindomusoryu jo, so if I thought a bit more I would have realized. Thanks!

Regards,
r e n

Daigoro
21st December 2004, 15:29
seriously.... i have been in japan for over 1.5 years now and i would like to find a place to study itto-ryu. i have practised kendo for over 10yrs now and am based in hiroshima-prefecture. anywhere from fukuoka--osaka/kyoto would be good. if anyone has any information please help!!!

kenkyusha
21st December 2004, 15:45
Please include your name in all posts as per forum rules (27 Posts is enough to know this) ;)

Be well,
Jigme

YagyuJubei
21st December 2004, 17:14
http://homepage1.nifty.com/makom/tyouseikan/index.html

I think this is Ono-ha Itto Ryu's Osaka hombu.