PDA

View Full Version : News Flash (part 2)

Ade
3rd December 2004, 17:51
Dear All

Gassho

The South Coast all grade seminar will be held at Southampton University from 1pm till 4pm, not from 10-1 as previously advertised.

Sensei Russ and Sensei Pete, 5th Dan, will be instructing all grades from 8th kyu up to 4th dan.

There will be the usual soiree after at the Crown Inn in Highfield.

I look forward to seeing some of you there.

Ade

Tripitaka of AA
4th December 2004, 15:18
Sounds great!

... but "8th kyu"?

Anders Pettersson
4th December 2004, 19:41
Originally posted by Tripitaka of AA
... but "8th kyu"?
Shonenbu (childrens group) start from 8 kyu.

/Anders

Tripitaka of AA
5th December 2004, 09:56
Thanks Anders, for correcting my ignorance. :)
Could you remind me what the belt colours are for the 8 levels. Is it on your site somewhere?

It was all in my head once, long long ago. Back when Cailey Barker Sensei and Joe Collis were just the rather talented 12 year old blue belts in Jee Sensei's Friday night class... {stares wistfully into the distance}

Anyhow.

Seminar.

Great stuff. Sounds like it will be fun!

Anders Pettersson
5th December 2004, 20:31
Originally posted by Tripitaka of AA
Could you remind me what the belt colours are for the 8 levels. Is it on your site somewhere?
Gassho.

Hi David.

No I don't think that I have put up any explanation of the colours on our Federation home page. Number of kyu ranks for children are mentioned but not the colours.

Anyway here it is:
Minarai: white
8-7 kyu: yellow
6-4 kyu: green
3-1 kyu: brown

One also use a sodesho (arm badge) on the upper right sleve that indicate what kyu rank (since there are several within the same belt colour). You ca see those badges here (http://www.shorinji-kempo.org/articles/sodesho/sodesho.html) (almost at the bottom of the page).

/Anders