PDA

View Full Version : Iwaga Ryu and/or Kosogabe Ryu Jujutsu?

tddeangelo
30th December 2004, 02:59
I asked this over in the jujutsu forum, but figured it worth the ask here, too.

I study Danzan Ryu Jujutsu, and there's info to be found on Yoshin Ryu jujutsu (a parent art to DZR), but Iwaga Ryu and Kosogabe Ryu are also referenced as playing a role in Okazaki-sensei's training, and there's practically nothing to be found on them.

If anyone has any info on these jujutsu ryu and is willing to share, I'd be MOST appreciative! :)

Thanks,

Tom

George Kohler
30th December 2004, 06:18
Do you happen to know what the kanji are for these schools?

tddeangelo
30th December 2004, 11:15
Unfortunately, I do not. I can, however, attempt to get them. They are written in the mokuroku and kaidensho for the ryu, BUT since I'm not skilled at reading kanji, I'll have to see if I can find someone who can tell me which kanji are the pertinent ones. There are scans of these documents available on the web, but I doubt I can gleen the correct kanji from them.

I'll see if I can get them and post them.

Thanks,

Tom

tddeangelo
4th January 2005, 03:07
I managed to find the kanji for Iwaga Ryu and Kosogabe Ryu. I'll scan them tomorrow when I get a chance and post them.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Tom

jodirren
17th January 2005, 09:27
Tom,

I too once started a thread on E-Budo in an attempt to find out more about these ryu, but received little information. However, it would be great if you could post the kanji for them.