PDA

View Full Version : Shureido Kobudo Weapons

E.elemental
6th January 2005, 00:42
Just a thought, Shureido says that their weaponry are handmade. But does anyone know to what they are reffering to? I think that many of their weapons are quite similar without the differences that should exist if they were handmade.
:)

Steven Malanosk
6th January 2005, 05:25
They are made in much less quantity than the mass produced crap prevailant through the major distributors.

The actual "hands on" work that is done at their shop, makes for a totally different tool than that of the assembly line version.

Thay are made to be used, which is to say that the prongs are not going to shatter or break off on impact with another weapon.

They are solid and not hollow as with many.

But you knew that didn't you?

E.elemental
6th January 2005, 16:37
Originally posted by Steven Malanosk
The actual "hands on" work that is done at their shop, makes for a totally different tool than that of the assembly line version.

I know that many use and like Shureido Sai, I also use them and think they are nice. But what part in the process of making them are done by a human hand? Are they totally done by a smith or?

Doug Daulton
9th January 2005, 17:56
Over the years, I've used lots of sai. No other manufacturer comes close to Shureido.

I cannot speak to the production process specifically, but each pair I own shows signs of hand tooling. And the balance is perfect.

In addition, they offer weights and lengths you wont get anywhere else. Having sai that fit your body is important to the development of solid, basic waza.

Good luck in your training,

E.elemental
9th January 2005, 21:16
Just to make one thing clear, I didnt mean that Shureido weapons was good or bad. I use both sai and nunchaku from them. I wondered what part of the making of them that was made by human hand. Not just the sai but the bo, kama and tonfa, they all look very similar to eachother. :cool:

So what does Shureido mean by "Handmade"? :)

chizikunbo
21st January 2005, 17:11
Originally posted by E.elemental
Just to make one thing clear, I didnt mean that Shureido weapons was good or bad. I use both sai and nunchaku from them. I wondered what part of the making of them that was made by human hand. Not just the sai but the bo, kama and tonfa, they all look very similar to eachother. :cool:

So what does Shureido mean by "Handmade"? :)

I think they mean just that, it seems they are all well trained weapons craftsmen, but im sure they all you some type of standered tool to make right size and such :)