PDA

View Full Version : iaito experience / questions

devourment77
11th January 2005, 13:33
Hello

I am interested in getting an iaito. I have been talking to Sachiko Sano from tozando and he says for 7000 extra yen I can get the fittings I want on the ka-25.

The fittings I am interested in are light brown/kahki ito/sageo with a dark brown saya (glossy or matte) and a musashi tsuba... they rest of the fittings I am not that worried about.. even plain higo will do.

This brings the total to 42200 yen.. and I am trying to stay in 400 dollars so this is good.

I just want to know if the fittings/balance is good on the ka-25 from other iaijutsu students.

Also how are the iaito's from bogubag. Oh and the swordstore 1a is to short, I need 2-5-0 or 2-5-5+ for Yamauchi Ha iaitjutsu

Brian Owens
13th January 2005, 05:18
Originally posted by devourment77
Hello

I am interested in getting an iaito.

Greetings, devourment77,

I see you're not getting any response to your question, and just wanted to let you know your're not being ignored.

I don't have any experience with the entry level iaito from Tozando, but I have found the quality of those swords that I have have seen to be excellent and don't see any reason that the KA-25 would be an exception -- other than being at the lower end of the price range. You do, after all, generally get what you pay for.

I haven't purchased anything from BoguBag, so can't comment at all there.

Tiger Ed
13th January 2005, 10:45
:smilejapa

Would not be bale to help either as I do not have one, have just ordered a 3003 from Swordstore, but I do know someone who uses Tozando and he swears by them. Was tmepted to get one myself but wanted some of the custom options form Swordstore.

:smilejapa

devourment77
13th January 2005, 13:06
thank you for the replies.. I figured they were a good company, but I have only seen the ka-70 in person.. but it had great balance and weight. If the ka-25 is half as good, I will be happy.