PDA

View Full Version : Taichi Sword & Even-Brow Staff

DCPan
18th January 2005, 05:55
Hi guys,

I have a set of custom-made Jaktoba Taichi-Sword for sale (by Kim Taylor of SDK Supplies). I thought I was going to pick up Taichi at some point in time, but I guess that's just not happening...so...

The long sword is 48 inches long with a 32.5 inch blade (including the ricasso area). The handle is 12 inches not counting the hand guard.

The short sword is 28 and 1/4 inches with a 19 inch blade and 6 inch handle.

I would like to sell the long sword for $100 and the short sword for $70. With the plastic gun case, the whole thing would go for $200 even.

The swords are patterned after a Yang-style Taichi group's sword in Taiwan. The lengths have been adjusted to my liking.

The blade part is a mirror-finish in tung oil. The handle part is matte-finish, also in tung oil.

I would prefer folks in the Seattle area as mailing them would be a pain in the butt as they are oversized. I know you can mail them via UPS, but it is an arm and a leg.

The swords have NEVER been used. The wood is jaktoba.

- - -

I also have an Even-Brow Staff for sale. I don't know what the wood is. This staff was given to me by the visiting Shaolin Monk group when they were visiting the Seattle area in the 80s.

The staff goes for $15. This, I know, is too long to be mailed...so Seattle folks only please.

- - -

If interested, please e-mail me: dcpan2000@nospam.yahoo.com (just remove the nospam).

I don't check my PMs too often, so please e-mail.

Thanks!

DCPan
18th January 2005, 05:58
I forgot to mention, the Even-Brow Staff is roughly 63 inches long and 1 and 1/8 inch diameter at tip. Doesn't appear to be fluted.

DCPan
18th January 2005, 06:00
Here's a close-up of the long sword handle

DCPan
18th January 2005, 06:03
Here's the short sword.

DCPan
22nd July 2005, 05:36
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7170671481&category=47347&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1