PDA

View Full Version : Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Baio
25th January 2005, 11:08
My girlfriend has CFS/thyroid disease/celiacs disease/all sorts of energy draining conditions, and I was wondering if anyone here has dealt with training in a similar situation. Her acupressurist says she needs to do something to build internal energy like yoga or tai chi so I figured the whole buj thing with fluidity spinal alignment and whatnot would help her with that, if there were any amatsu practitioners in America I'd look into to that but has anyone here used training to overcome CFS.

pete lohstroh
25th January 2005, 17:31
Mr. Eichler der Zweite,
has your girlfriend been to an endocrinologist? That's the place to start as there are pharmacologic treatments with demonstrated efficacy for these conditions. I am a regular recipient of seifukujutsu (amma) but...until there are well designed studies that prove the efficacy of alternative treatments on this collection of adverse effects, I'd be inclined to start with something that actually works.

Good luck!

Baio
25th January 2005, 21:30
Actually her regular endocrinologist is also her acupressurist

pete lohstroh
26th January 2005, 17:34
Mr. Eichler der Zweite,
well there you go, one stop, two modes. You do mean an MD endocrinologist, yes? There are very good pharmacologic interventions for thyroid problems. Take them with water. Combine with walking and yoga and you're >80% there.

Yoshin
28th January 2005, 16:52
Seek out a genuine Chi Kung Master.