PDA

View Full Version : Do you want rank or knowledge???

Troll Basher
8th February 2005, 00:27
I came across this website and found it VERY interesting!

http://www.smoka-usa.com/

Click on the Weakest Link

Maddog Mitchell
8th February 2005, 10:31
James Coffmans website. I stopped by his house about six months ago, and had lunch with him. he has a beautiful dojo in his home. He tells it like it is and the candy coating is certainly scraped off!

Mike Mitchell

Ed Gingras
8th February 2005, 13:24
Yes, I also found the web site very interesting.

tsurutengu
8th February 2005, 20:06
I also found this website very interesting. At the same time I also find it very much a sign of the times. If I had a nickel for everytime I have come across something similar to this I could finally retire.

Mark Galvin

Timothy.G.B.
8th February 2005, 20:57
The politics of karate organizations is almost as traditional as karate itself :) It is human nature and, in my opinion, will never end. The only place politics can't survive is in the dojo between two people training and sharing knowledge.

You can B.S. anyone up until the point you get together and start showing and sharing info.

Political-jitsu, "the art of building up your own reputation, by simultaneously tearing down the false claims of transgressors" ;)

Political-jitsu is no match for actual knowledge and skill. Still, I completely understand why people feel compelled to defend the truth of the history of their systems and the false claims that people make in that regard.

Best,
Tim Black
Kokusai Shinjinbukan

johnst_nhb
8th February 2005, 21:35
Originally posted by Timothy.G.B.

You can B.S. anyone up until the point you get together and start showing and sharing info.

You have just hanshied your way to the correct!

The truth and knowledge is in the doing...

TimoS
9th February 2005, 08:35
Interesting, though a bit hard to read, especially if you don't know the individuals in question. I have, of course, heard of Dillman, but the other names are just about meaningless to me :) Seriously though, the information could be edited better to make it easier to understand

Troll Basher
10th February 2005, 00:23
Originally posted by Maddog Mitchell
.....1) he has a beautiful dojo in his home.
2) He tells it like it is and the candy coating is certainly scraped off!

Mike Mitchell

1) From the photos I have seen it looks very nice. Did you ever train with him?
2) Nothing wrong with that!

Troll Basher
10th February 2005, 00:27
Originally posted by tsurutengu
I also found this website very interesting. At the same time I also find it very much a sign of the times. If I had a nickel for everytime I have come across something similar to this I could finally retire.

Mark Galvin

Sadly it is true.
With the invention of the Internet it seems to have gotten worse. Now any bone head with a PC can make himself/herself a Grandmaster Ultimate Soke…..

Maddog Mitchell
10th February 2005, 02:26
Hi Robert,

No I never trained with Sensei James Coffman. He didnt live too far away and I wanted to meet him and possibly crosstrain as he has a student that lived real to me close but it never manifested. His Dojo is in the basement of his beautiful waterfront home $$$$ very nice.

As for telling it like it is, I agree nothing wrong with that, however as I've learned the hard way over the years a little Diplomacy at times can go a long way...

Regards,

Mike Mitchell

Troll Basher
10th February 2005, 02:32
Originally posted by Maddog Mitchell

As for telling it like it is, I agree nothing wrong with that, however as I've learned the hard way over the years a little Diplomacy at times can go a long way...

Regards,

Mike Mitchell

True, it does go a long way.....but nothing chaps my !!! more than a martial artist that lies to my face, cheats or steals.

Maddog Mitchell
10th February 2005, 02:34
That and fraudulent Martial Artists!

Mike Mitchell

chizikunbo
10th February 2005, 18:13
Originally posted by Ed Gingras
Yes, I also found the web site very interesting.

that says it all...