PDA

View Full Version : Post notifications as junk mail- help?

rfachini
17th February 2005, 20:37
I like subscribing to some threads so I know when there are new replies, but MSN tags these as junk mail. In order to have it NOT recognized as junk, MSN needs to know the e-mail address it was sent from. This is not included in the notification e-mails (probably to prevent people from replying to them by mistake).

Does anyone have a solution for this? Even knowing what e-mail address the notifications come from and adding that to my contact list would be enough.

MarkF
18th February 2005, 06:15
You can check the headers for a "from" address but this probably won't work, either. I have the same problem and am accustomed to checking my junk mail folder for them though I only get PM notices and moderator stuff.

They used to contain the email of the person sending the PM, but I doubt this will work either. I am sure you have tried adding it to your safe list, too, and found that this does not work. Have you set your options/prefs to send you an email when someone posts on your subscribed threads? If not, you have to check the box next to the option under the posting box "E-mail notifications

Sorry I can't help but the moderator of this forum may have a solution.

PS: You could try lightening the junk filters default setting

Mark

rfachini
21st February 2005, 21:28
I tried the cominations of the e-budo mailer possible address to add to my safe list, but that didn't help. Perhaps it's sent anonymously somehow, and MSN can't recognize the original address to know it's from a known sender? I've never seen this happen before.

I also changed my e-mail filter to the lowest setting, but MSN "helpfully" reverted it back to a higher setting automatically. I'll try setting it to low once again, but this doesn't seem to be the best solution.

rfachini
22nd February 2005, 21:17
Notification of your last reply DID make it to my inbox. (Probably thanks to the low junk mail filter setting. It didn't revert back to a higher setting automatically the second time, so perhaps Microsoft believes I really did it on purpose this time.)

I added the custom filter you mentioned for good measure. That seems like a pretty useful tool.

Thanks so much for all your help, that's very nice of you!