PDA

View Full Version : would you tell your sensai everything?

kev
1st March 2005, 23:28
gassho!
i don't know what to do,i think a kenshi of my club has problems and takes drugs,what shall i do?i don`t know the kenshi very well and so i don`t know how to talk with him..maybe i should go to the sensai,but i don`t want to be a squealer!

Tripitaka of AA
1st March 2005, 23:53
You make this your FIRST POST?!

You make it hard not to think "Troll".

The dilemma is a reasonable one however, and sensitive caring people might want to ponder it.

Discretion ("not a squealer") does need to be exercised when attempting to help someone whilst acting in opposition to their expressed wishes. However, there are also times when "none of your business" applies. This may be one of them, until such times as the "friend"'s behaviour affects the health and safety of a class member during training.

There will be a time when confiding in the Sensei (note the spelling) is the appropriate course of action.

Perhaps you may like to add your further trollish identification signals at this point...

Juan
2nd March 2005, 12:00
David, I think “none of our business” may not be one of the characteristics of Shorinji Kempo. After all how can we live “half for ourselves, half for others” if we bury our heads in the sand when we see a comrade in trouble? If any one of my fellow kenshi has problems, they are my problems irrespective of whether they are a risk for my health and safety or not.

I think it is commendable that someone’s first post in e-budo expresses a will to help someone else in trouble. Posting in e-budo can be intimidating, and ‘troll’ accusations and grammar corrections following a new member’s post do not help in attracting people here. What was your first post in e-budo about David?

Kevin, I had yesterday an interesting howa with the topic of what is a ‘sensei’. Everybody had a view on this; mine was in the line of ‘motivation’ and ‘example’. But a sensei has a duty of care to his/her students and I do encourage you to explain to your sensei your friend’s problems. You have to take action in order to change the world for the better. And you can count on me regarding any problems you may have, as I do count on my sensei and fellow Shorinji Kempo kenshi.

I am glad to be the first one to welcome you to e-budo.

Juan
(The Spaniard in exile)

luar
2nd March 2005, 15:35
I happen to think David's Hokei on this one is quite good. I vote troll for now.

Steve Williams
2nd March 2005, 16:32
Someone who says they are from spain, yet posts from germany and has a hotmail address......... alarms start to ring.....

If you are genuine Kevin...... (I guess that is your real first name, but I am not sure "wohabi" is your family name..... i'm guessing it actually starts with an "s"......) then post with a more mature, i.e. less controversial, post and tell us a bit more about yourself...... try to prove us misinformed about your troll status.