PDA

View Full Version : updated software

John Lindsey
20th May 2005, 21:46
HI all,

I finally got around to updating the software and getting up back online. I am home on vacation from Iraq until the 27th, but I now have good internet access in Baghdad and thus will be able to take care of things here.

I will need to set up the forum in regards to the colors, etc, today, so please bear with me...

John

Horsty
20th May 2005, 22:19
Yes! The long awaited return!

This will be a happy day for many people. Thank you mr. Lindsey for your dedication to this wonderful place of learning.

saru1968
20th May 2005, 22:51
Glad its back, things been a bit scary out there with ebudo offline, welcome back.

Gary

:-)

chizikunbo
20th May 2005, 22:59
Great!!! Also congratso n the internet access, i think I would die if I did not have the net, and training ^_^
Regards,

Onmitsu
20th May 2005, 23:29
Welcome Back! :wave:
I'm glad your safe.
I had a strong feeling that you would be.

hjnorris
21st May 2005, 00:23
Welcome back,
WOOT! WOOT!

Sochin
21st May 2005, 00:38
WooHoo! WOOHOO!!!

Shitoryu Dude
21st May 2005, 02:43
Considering the rumors I heard - "John is dead" - I am so glad to be back at my favorite site.

(*^*&%*&^*(&(*^* hackers!!!!!!

Like the new look.

meat
21st May 2005, 02:51
Wooohooo! Thanks for getting e-budo back up John, we've all missed it. Enjoy your vacation, and stay safe when you head back.

TommyK
21st May 2005, 03:33
Hi John,

Great to see you back, I was treated to a double dose of E-Budo withdrawal. First, I forgot my password, and no matter what I did the system did not get back to me with a new one. So I was froze out, then E-Budo went down and I thought you'd never get it back. But hereyou are!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! and THANK YO!!!

TommyK

Joseph Svinth
21st May 2005, 04:08
Thank goodness.

It was hard, visiting other places, and having to write posts as carefully as I do letters at work, from fear of offending local sensibilities...

tsurashi shondo
21st May 2005, 04:11
Thank goodness.

It was hard, visiting other places, and having to write posts as carefully as I do letters at work, from fear of offending local sensibilities...

indeed......this was my experience as well
glad to be back
cheers John!!

MarkF
21st May 2005, 11:05
Oooh, nice and comfy. It was hard being extra polite and I admit that I feel off the horse now and then, but home is where the heart is.

Mark

Howard Thiery
21st May 2005, 14:02
soooooo nice!!! Thanks John and be safe!

Ed Gingras
21st May 2005, 14:05
Nice to see E-Budo back on line

Tripitaka of AA
21st May 2005, 14:10
Pheeewwwww!

No more holding my breath, thanks John.

Paul Mathews
21st May 2005, 14:47
Welcome back. Enjoy your vacation, John, and stay safe over there.

Kevin Geaslin
21st May 2005, 17:01
Nice to see E-budo back up and running. You can only hang around budoseek for so long (just not enough activity!)

Chuck.Gordon
21st May 2005, 18:49
Whew. I can breathe again.

Good on ya'll.

Glad to see the e-bood up and running.

Chuck

hyaku
22nd May 2005, 12:41
I was wondering who was hacking? Some guy calling himself booterbad hacked my guest book.
Uses a skull avatar.

MarkF
22nd May 2005, 23:27
Hi, Colin,

As far as I know there was no signature unless I logged on after it was removed. This version is supposed to have a patch and other safeguards built in so we should roll for while now.

Mark

Budoka 34
23rd May 2005, 01:46
John,

Let me start by saying welcome back it is good to see you home! When's your contract up?

I still can not access the site thru the title page. I have to come in via my email. Any ideas?

Stay safe when you go back.

Andy Watson
23rd May 2005, 08:13
Ah, at last, my mornings can return to normal. Welcome back John and congrats on the new look!

Brian Owens
23rd May 2005, 10:28
So I'm out of the loop again. What's this about E-Budo being hacked? I thought it was just down until new software was implimented.

Rob
23rd May 2005, 12:46
Just wanted to say Hoorah and Jolly good show.(I'm British it's how we talk really !!).

The net without E-budo is like coffee without a cup.

Rgds

Rxx

Blackwood
23rd May 2005, 15:10
Welcome Back! Glad you are keeping things going. I was certainly going through withdrawal, and kept checking to see if things were back online again.

Thanks for the efforts!

Juan Perez
23rd May 2005, 17:19
Hey John!

Glad to see you seem to have fully recovered. I'm currently deployed but have e-mail and internet access most of the time when I return to the "hooch". Send me a PM if you have the time. Take care, warrior.

De Oppresso Liber!

JP

SLeclair
23rd May 2005, 20:10
It's great to have the forum back... Two notes: I don't see the point of not modifying the link on the title picture. The correct link is right there on the same page, just less obvious. I don't think that'll stop anyone from doing anything, so let's restore the most prominent link and not confuse people who try to come back and get an offline notice, right?

Second, the rules when registering a new account is the default from the board package. It'd be nice to add in again that all usernames/messages must be signed with full name. I've had a taste of arguing with nameless phantoms who register duplicate usernames, it'd be sad if e-budo became that way.

Otherwise, really nice to see all the same folks back.

---
Sebastien L.

angrytiger
24th May 2005, 07:01
Wow, that was way to long. Life is not the same without my E-Budo.com! Talk to you soon, John. Be safe!

George Kohler
24th May 2005, 19:19
Two notes: I don't see the point of not modifying the link on the title picture. The correct link is right there on the same page, just less obvious. I don't think that'll stop anyone from doing anything, so let's restore the most prominent link and not confuse people who try to come back and get an offline notice, right?

This has been fixed.

Amir
25th May 2005, 11:27
Very happy to see E-budo open once again :)

Hope all will go well now

Amir

SLeclair
26th May 2005, 11:38
This has been fixed.

Thanks, George. It's just that much easier clicking on the big image instead of the small text link :)

Will we be updating the rules to state that users have to sign their posts with their full name in all cases? I've already noticed a couple of new users not doing that, I guess they don't know about e-budo and how things were done around here...

--
Sebastien L

George Kohler
26th May 2005, 14:10
Will we be updating the rules to state that users have to sign their posts with their full name in all cases? I've already noticed a couple of new users not doing that, I guess they don't know about e-budo and how things were done around here...

--
Sebastien L

I spoke to John about this the other day, so he knows about it.

John Lindsey
26th May 2005, 14:14
Each forum still has the forum rules posted in it, and that includes the name rule.

I actually tried to change the text for the sign up, but could not find the correct template in the software. I will be researching it today...

SLeclair
26th May 2005, 14:27
Each forum still has the forum rules posted in it, and that includes the name rule.

I actually tried to change the text for the sign up, but could not find the correct template in the software. I will be researching it today...

Thanks, John. Experimenting with the vBulletin demo at their site, it seems the text is contained in the forum_rules_description phrase (standard phrase in register phrases). You can edit it from the admin control panel by going to the phrase manager, selecting "register" instead of GLOBAL in the Phrase type, and the forum_rules_description is on the second page there. Just click Edit and type away.

At least hopefully that's it, you might have a different version or view than I have :)

EDIT: Actually, it is version 3.0.7, same as here, so I hope this works out on your side. Also, there's a difference between forum_rules and forum_rules_description; seems the former is just the header or title for the rules text.

---
Sebastien L.

Timpie
2nd June 2005, 18:15
Thank you, thank you.

Good luck

JimRiviera
6th June 2005, 18:09
Great to hear your back and resting. Enjoy your leave and thanks for your dedicated effort at keeping E-Budo alive and kicking. Its great to have such a good resource.

Best Regards,

Jim Riviera
Houston, Tx. :)