PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Emeril

Margaret Lo
17th November 2000, 18:52
Anyone else out there hate this guy for the way he cooks and approaches food?

He cannot cook!! The things he whips up just look unappetizing and awful. His whole approach to food just seems wrong to me - altogether too coarse - like its a sporting event of a low calibre. In contrast Iron Chef does it right.

I do like Two Fat Ladies even though they cook even more badly than Emeril, because they reach new lows with their food.

Ex: the fava bean salad slathered with crisped bacon, topped with anchovies and salad dressing. AMAZING :)

M

kenkyusha
17th November 2000, 19:03
Don't get the Food Network! Have seen snippets of the Iron Chef, but haven't ever seen Mr. Lagasse (sp?) at work. It seems like 'food celebrities' abound... but more as eccentric personalities than as actual cooks. Not totally unlike the world of martial ar... er...

Be well,
Jigme

john mark
17th November 2000, 20:37
[i]the fava bean salad slathered with crisped bacon, topped with anchovies and salad dressing. AMAZING :)

M [/B]

M,

You begin with the wrong assumption. That's not food!!

Yes, I'm Snobish Food Critique. FYI Check out Le Caravel (NYC)if you get a chance. My sister-in-law cooks there

Gary Dolce
17th November 2000, 20:46
I am not a regular watcher of his show - I'd rather eat food than watch it on TV. :) I have to say that I don't find his personal style very appealing - too much bluster and showmanship can detract from an otherwise good product. That same sentiment applies to a number of martial arts instructors I have met.

I did have an excellant dinner at NOLA, one of his New Orleans restaurants, a couple of years ago. Dessert was exceptional - I was very glad I ordered it even though I was so stuffed I could barely move.

On the other hand, it was a step below the dinner I had a couple of nights later at Commanders Palace. Now that was a transcendent experience!!

Alacoque
18th November 2000, 15:21
I ate in Commanders Palace last year and, yes, the food was very good but not, in my opinion, exceptional. I think the atmosphere and service were very special but the food a little dissapointing for one of the most acclaimed restaurants in the US.

Nick
16th May 2001, 21:23
Are you kidding? I love Emeril! He's so enthusiastic, and think about it- if you have a daily cooking show, nay, make that two, you have to innovate and try new recipes and new things. Sometimes they're good, sometimes not. As far as I know, it's a no-no to reuse recipes from episode to episode... would get kind of boring...

BAM!!!

Nick

Nick
16th May 2001, 21:25
also... though I also love Iron Chef, some of their stuff isn't that great either... how about some codfish roe ice cream? Yeeeech!

Kick it up a notch!!

Nick

Margaret Lo
17th May 2001, 15:13
Cod fish roe ice cream is so horrendous a thing that I think it should win the people's acclaim forever. :) as the worst possible ice cream flavor.

Don't care how original Emeril is, I hate his style.

M