PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Minnesota

TimJurgens
4th June 2005, 04:53
All I will be visiting my home town of Manakato Minnesota the last part of July to mid August. I would like to train Kobudo or Karate with anyone in the area who might be interested in getting together. I hold instructor's and dojo certificates for both disciplines from Hiroshi Akamine, Kaicho of the Ryukyu Kobudo Hozon Shinko Kai. I currently hold 3rd and 4th Dan grades respecvively. I have done most of my training in the Hombu Dojo in Okinawa and most currently in my dojo in Tokyo. I would like to spark some interest in the system and art that we train around my home town. Also as I will be on vacation I can use the exercise to keep from putting on too much weight. While I am certainly no shihan-class kobudo instructor I hope I can spark some interest in the art my teachers are trying to help me understand. Please let me know if you are interested in getting together. The Karate system I do is Shorinryu from Akamine Sensei and is influenced by kobayashi lineage and a strong connection with Funakoshi Dai Sensei. I personally have also been influenced by Matsumura Shorinryu and Embukan Shorinryu. For more information on the association and our branch dojos and kata please visit www.ryukyu-kobudo.com. I can also be reached at timjurgens@hotmail.com

TimJurgens
11th June 2005, 04:05
Mr. Bill Hough from the American Academy of Taekwondo in Mankato has kindly agreed to help sponsor this training. Bill has an excellent approach to martial arts and is very open to new ideas. He has stepped up in the past to keep open a school that was struggling in the pursuit of his own training in Budo and to provide a service to the community. Using his own funds he opened a new training hall and sponsored local instructors. I look forward to training and collaborating with him again. The American Academy Located at 301 Madison Ave. Mankato, MN 56001 Phone: (507)386-7400 for those looking for the location. We are working out schedules now and I am putting together the training agenda.

TimJurgens
14th July 2005, 02:06
Hello all. I am in Okinawa this week getting some good corrections and putting some polish on the kata I am learning. Looking forward to seeing who will show up in MN.