PDA

View Full Version : Establishing a dojo

Pippo_Jedi
6th June 2005, 09:18
Hello to everyone, I was wondering: what a kenshi needs to do
to establish a Dojo (a club or branch) and what he/she needs to have/be to have the wsko "blessing"?

thank you for your time

Robert Liljeblad
6th June 2005, 10:02
Hi Filippo,

This is how I believe it works.

A new WSKO branch needs normally to have a Shibu cho (branch master). To qualify for this position one needs to have sandan and to have attended a ”branch establishment seminar”. There might also be e minimum age of which I’m not aware. If there is a WSKO federation in his country he needs to be approved by the federation otherwise I believe that he needs to have the recommendation of the shibu cho’s in the surrounding area.

If the following is ok, then he could apply to Hombu to open a new WSKO branch and they will make the final decision if he can or not after reviewing his application.

Cordially,

Robert

Pippo_Jedi
6th June 2005, 11:14
Uhmmm thanks but I have another question :rolleyes: : to open a club attached to some branch?

thank you

David Dunn
6th June 2005, 12:25
Pippo,
I think you'd have to ask your federation what their own local rules on this subject are.

luar
6th June 2005, 20:51
Pippo,
I think you'd have to ask your federation what their own local rules on this subject are.

The regulations are clearly listed on the WSKO site.

David Dunn
6th June 2005, 21:50
The regulations are clearly listed on the WSKO site.

I meant in terms of being a 'sub' dojo of an existing one Raul.

Anders Pettersson
8th June 2005, 13:55
There might also be e minimum age of which I’m not aware.

You also need to be minimum 25 years old.

Uhmmm thanks but I have another question :rolleyes: : to open a club attached to some branch?
Officially that isn't "possible", even though many dojos like this exists.

Officially this is considered to be the one and same branch and because of that, it is under the guidance of the official branch's Shibu-cho (branch master).
So in that case that would be up to your Shibu-cho.

(The line between when it is not the same club could be fine, one and the same branch may have different locations to practice in. Because the place they rent for practice maybe isn't available all days that one need/wants to have practice and thus rent another place on some days. But if the shibu-cho selldomly teaches at one of the locations it might bee seen as another sister-club, or what you want to call it.)

/Anders