PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Indonesia

Cellocheva
6th June 2005, 09:00
Hello to all kenshi around the world, I am looking for these book with the title "JUHO I" and "JUHO II", I've tried to ordered by amazon but it didn't work. Anybody can help me ? I am from Indonesia and I'm still new with this forum.
If you have a time Please feel free to visit http://shorinjikempo.bravehost.com/webpage.htm
Do not hesitate to write your criticts and coments.
Thank you.

hwijaya
6th June 2005, 16:25
Hi Chellocheva:

Welcome to e-budo! Please sign in with your full name as it is required by Steve Sensei (the Moderator) in this forum.

I was a kenshi from Indonesia too but now train in a dojo in Los Angeles, USA.

Regards,
Johanes H. Wijaya

Cellocheva
7th June 2005, 01:59
Thank you for remind me Wijaya.
How long have you been in Los Angels ? are there any differents method or techniques in your dojo comparing with it in Indonesia ? What kind of books do you use for learning Shorinji Kempo ?, we use some books published by Indonesia Federation Shorinji Kempo (PB PERKEMI).

hwijaya
7th June 2005, 02:22
Hi Cellocheva,

The techniques are the same as what I learnt in Indonesia. The differences are the emphasis on both right & left sides and more detail explanation. For example, I used to learn how to do Gyaku kote, Ude Juji, Kote Nuki only from Migi chudan-kame (right hand), here I learn how to do it using right & left hand.

The dojo is very nice with hardwood floor compared to a concrete floor in my old dojo in Jakarta. We have many body protectors here compare to only a few we had my old dojo (we were poor!). Also, we have high ranking senseis (III Dan above) while the highest rank sensei at my old dojo was II-Dan. Here, the practice is always lead by Dan ranking sensei while back there sometimes a kyu kenshi (ikkyu, nikyu, sankyu) lead the practice (this does not mean it was bad because some kyu kenshi had over 5 years experience in SK).

BTW, you have a nice website there!

Gassho.
Johanes Herdi Wijaya

Cellocheva
7th June 2005, 03:30
Hello Wijaya,
You are right, we learn only in a basic stands and not in both side (right and left side) and a lot of dojo in Indonesia lead by kyu kenshi and most of them only have few body protector to learn Goho techniques or randori but we are not give up with this situations, you are lucky...you can learn the techniques fresh from III Dan sensei or above. I hope someday when you return to Indonesia you can teach and share your experiences in how to learn Shorinji Kempo like you do right now.
Thank you for visiting my site.

Tripitaka of AA
7th June 2005, 03:41
Thank you both for joining this site. We have a great family in Shorinji Kempo, but not many of the people posting here have been to Indonesia. We are interested in hearing about the widespread learning of Shorinji Kempo in your country. Many of us have read the accounts of the Tsunami and the report on the WSKO site which was of the Taikai being held in Aceh province on the day of the Quake. Our deepest sympathies to all those who suffered.

Cellocheva
7th June 2005, 04:55
Thank you for your kind words and sympathies for Aceh people who suffered by tsunami earth quake.
As I know Indonesia has the biggest member of Shorinji Kempo after Japan but that's not enough I think, high quality performance of techniques, attitude and behaviour are more important. I hope by joining with this forum I can learn something worth that i don't get in my dojo. :)
Bali more famous than indonesia though Bali represent one of the province in Indonesia, if you visit Indonesia please come and join the exercise to our dojos which are spread in 27 provinces around Indonesia. :)

Anders Pettersson
8th June 2005, 12:59
Hello to all kenshi around the world, I am looking for these book with the title "JUHO I" and "JUHO II", I've tried to ordered by amazon but it didn't work. Anybody can help me ? I am from Indonesia and I'm still new with this forum.

I think these books are only available from Amazon in Japan (www.amazon.co.jp), not from US or UK.

But the easiest would be to order from WSKO Hombu.
You (or rather your Shibu-cho) email them and they inform of the cost including postage, when you have sent in money (including cost of bank transfer in Japan) they will send the books.

/Anders

Cellocheva
9th June 2005, 02:09
I think these books are only available from Amazon in Japan (www.amazon.co.jp), not from US or UK.

But the easiest would be to order from WSKO Hombu.
You (or rather your Shibu-cho) email them and they inform of the cost including postage, when you have sent in money (including cost of bank transfer in Japan) they will send the books.

/Anders

Thank you for your suggestion. :)