PDA

View Full Version : Instruction in Las Cruces, New Mexico?

Joshua Smith
20th June 2005, 19:54
Dear group,

I may have to be making a move to Las Cruces soon, (but I still consider myself a Texan :) ) and I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of a dojo in this area...??

I would *not* be able to commute to El Paso (where I am now) or any other nearby city....so if possible, I only need references directly in the Las Cruces area...

Thanks for your time guys. I very much appreciate it!

God bless,
J.Smith

D Dempsey
2nd July 2005, 05:26
Joshua,
I live in El Paso, so I may be able to help you out here. There are a couple of schools in Las Cruces. Of the top of my head I can tell you there is a very good judo school. There is also a good hapkido school in the city, I haven't trained with there but I've talked to the instructor several times and he seems like a good guy. I train up there with a group of guys doing xingyi and bagua a couple times a week. Just send me a PM and I can give you some more specific info.

Joshua Smith
2nd July 2005, 22:59
Joshua,
I live in El Paso, so I may be able to help you out here. There are a couple of schools in Las Cruces. Of the top of my head I can tell you there is a very good judo school. There is also a good hapkido school in the city, I haven't trained with there but I've talked to the instructor several times and he seems like a good guy. I train up there with a group of guys doing xingyi and bagua a couple times a week. Just send me a PM and I can give you some more specific info.

Thank you very much, but there was a major turn of events and I will be staying here in El Paso! Thanks a lot, pal! I apprecaite it! :-)

God bless,
Joshua Smith

D Dempsey
3rd July 2005, 03:22
Since you're staying here where do you train at? Since you're local if you ever want to get together and train I'm always game. Talk to you later.

Alex Hallwyler
24th May 2006, 22:14
Sorry to ressurrect an old thread, but I would just like to say that I live in Las Cruces, attending NMSU. To my budoka from El Paso, what arts do you train in? Myself I train in classical okinawan karate, and have begun exploring Koryu Bujutsu. Feel free to contact me if you are ever in LC.

D Dempsey
25th May 2006, 07:55
I'm down in El Paso but occasionally head up to Cruces to do judo at my friend Oscar's place. I've got a shodan in okinawan Goju-ryu, but don't train it anymore. All my attention is focused on BJJ and RMAX these days.