PDA

View Full Version : I have some questions...

Anne Marie
20th November 2000, 21:27
Hi,

I'm new here. I would like to know if any one has heard of Juko-Kai International. They profess to teach Okinawan Martial Arts and are sponsored by All Okinawan Martial Arts Union and the All Okinawan Seidokan Motobu-ryu Martial Arts Renmei.

I really would like to find out some information on this school I used to attend.

Nothing really fraudulent, I just question their claims.

Thanks,
Anne Marie Giri

[Edited by Anne Marie on 11-20-2000 at 04:55 PM]

Ron Goninan
20th November 2000, 23:43
Juko kai International is a group that has, in recent times become widely known as a "Diploma Mill".

It's links to the Seidokan Motobu-Ryu group are questionable.

You are right in questioning their claims.

Regards,

Ron Goninan

Sheridan
21st November 2000, 02:20
I've seen the Juko-kai name before on e-budo. I'm not too sure if it's the same organisation, but I'm absolutely positive that there are threads concerning the Juko-kai in the jujutsu and aikijujutsu forums. If your questioning claims check the bad budo forum too. Set your profile to show all threads and sift through the older ones, if all else fails try to find Joseph Svinth in the research or bad budo forums, he's the resident historian and starts bad budo threads like he's a pyromaniac in a dead wood forest. I bow to the master!:shadowmas

Anne Marie
21st November 2000, 04:05
I appreciate your replies and I will definently follow up on you advice.

Anne Marie Giri

Joseph Svinth
21st November 2000, 08:33
Major flame wars in the past have been built on just this question. But, it you want to hear positive things about Juko-kai, e-mail Kent Bergstrom. Meanwhile, if you want to hear the opposite, try Don Cunningham's board.

Doug Daulton
21st November 2000, 18:17
Originally posted by Joseph Svinth
Major flame wars in the past have been built on just this question. But, it you want to hear positive things about Juko-kai, e-mail Kent Bergstrom. Meanwhile, if you want to hear the opposite, try Don Cunningham's board.

Well said Joe.

I am closing this thread as Joe has Ms. Giri with all of the information she might require.

Thanks to all for not sparking off a major flame war.