PDA

View Full Version : Effective Market ideas?

Mr_Bozz
8th July 2005, 19:05
Here in Midland, we've always been kind of a small school and doing our own thing. Good news is: in about TWO MONTHS, we are finally going to have our very own home dojo from which to work on a permanent basis! (current location is temporary)

Our goal is to keep the dojo simple, clean and practice as much as possible! BUT... there's just about 6-10 of us students. We haven't marketed hard and heavy yet, as we're waiting for the new dojo to refer everyone to. We have a list of names for an upcoming Kid's Class that will be started at the new loc.

What I'm looking for is: Simple, Easy and Fast Marketing ideas that others have done in the past that seem to work for you. Anything obvious? Anything more complex or detailed?

The more ideas the better. This could be a good thread to get up and keep going for other schools in the future. Just shoppin' for ideas! THANKS!

Bozz

aikihazen
8th July 2005, 20:32
Flyers and Community Bullitin Boards with the magic phrase First Class Free! Go to a few Shopping Markets or Mall around the area, pass them out... and viola!

William Hazen

Mike Collins
9th July 2005, 16:18
John,

Have a chat with Jorge. He seems to have some pretty good and effective ideas about marketing. After you get them in the door, you need to have what they want. That's the tough part, in my opinion.

Robert Cheshire
13th July 2005, 17:49
Have as many demonstrations as you can. If you have any city/county festivities that will occur soon see if you can put on a demo there. With little league baseball in full swing see if you can do a demo at the ballpark.

I would suggest you have a team that does a specific demo and have it scripted.