PDA

View Full Version : Instructor grade iaito

socho
9th July 2005, 13:21
Hard to part with this one, but have other commitments. This is an older nosyuiaido instructor grade iaito. Interesting history (for buyer only). It is a 2-5-5 length (30.5 in.), which worked ok when I was doing MJER but is just a tad long for my current style, which does not emphasize sayabiki. 11 inch tsuka. Blade is in beautiful condition, has all the upgrades. Hamon is unique, suguha for about two-thirds of the length, then a nice gunome. Solid silver habaki, silver menuki of the 'god of wine', matching 'Kyoto weave' fuchi-kashira, kojiri and tsuba. Black same', gray tsunami wrap. Nice gray pebble finish saya. Wrap has a worn spot near the fuchi, but is still nice and tight. If you haven't felt a tsunami grip, it is like cushy soft leather. Very positive feel. Go to the swordstore site and price one of these,it will be close to $2000. First $850 takes it, Paypal preferred. Email or PM with questions. Pics soon.

Dave

socho
11th July 2005, 04:48
Pics have been posted to my blog (experiment).
here (http://kenshinkai.blogspot.com/)
Click on any link for a pic, click on the pic for a larger view. Probably need to hit refresh to get back to the full list. Feel free to ask questions (or send money! :) )

Dave