PDA

View Full Version : FS: Upgraded dguertin Keicho

socho
9th July 2005, 13:23
This one will not be available for about two weeks. Handle is out for rewrap, will be nice brown doeskin by Robin Ramirez. Reserve now!

Got this one about a year and a half ago for one of my students. He preferred my shobu, so we traded. Thing is, the keicho's handle was not finished. So as part of another deal, Liveblade did a complete new handle and wrap, plus a new saya. I provided all new tsuba, fuchi-kashira, and menuki. Turned out great.
It has been back in the dojo for several months, occasionally used as a loaner cutting blade. Time for this one to go.

The Keicho is extremely sharp. Cuts great, but does take some getting used-to, as the balance is closer to the grip than many cutters, sori is a bit deeper. Noto is very interesting with the uno-no-kubi shape. Loads of character.

This is the 29 inch blade, 1070 steel. This is an early one, with a nicely defined naginata-hi and overall clean lines. New f-k are plain black steel, Higo style. Tsuba is also black steel, fairly plain. Some small stains on the blade, but no bends, chips, scratches.

Base price from Darryl's site is $750. Tons of upgrades, total is easily double that. First $950 takes it. Please email or PM if interested. Paypal preferred. Pics soon.

Dave

socho
11th July 2005, 04:51
Pics have been posted to my blog (experiment).
here (http://kenshinkai.blogspot.com/)
Click on any link for a pic, click on the pic for a larger view. Probably need to hit refresh to get back to the full list. Feel free to ask questions (or send money! :) )

Dave