PDA

View Full Version : FS: Upgraded CS Katana

socho
9th July 2005, 13:27
This is a Cold Steel Katana with new handle and fittings. Basic blade was bought from ECMAS.com about two years ago for $499 as a possible cutter for one of my students. We ended up keeping it as a dojo blade. Hated the handle, too thin, wrong taper, so got the Fred Lohman handle upgrade 'package', currently $350 on his site. Huge improvement to the feel, balance, and control of the blade. New tsuka is 12 inches, black same', black tsunami wrap, very tight, nicely done. Also added new tsuba, fuchi kashira, estimate $120. Black and gold 'nugget' handachi style fuchi kashira, nice black sukashi tsuba, menuki are gold dragons. Blade is robust, 28 inches, bo-hi, noticeable niku, no bends, nicks. 1050 monosteel, through hardened. Has scratches from sharpening, has been used for cutting, but mostly for forms, and not very often. Saya is like new. Good training blade, substantial presence but still a nice feel.
I have close to $900 and a lot of time in this, first $600 takes it, I pay shipping. Prefer Paypal. PM me with questions. Pics soon.

Dave

socho
11th July 2005, 04:45
Pics have been posted to my blog (experiment).
here (http://kenshinkai.blogspot.com/)
Click on any link for a pic, click on the pic for a larger view. Probably need to hit refresh to get back to the full list. Feel free to ask questions (or send money! :) )

Dave