PDA

View Full Version : Want to Buy: Kozure Ookami Manga

Eric Spinelli
28th July 2005, 19:08
I have been looking for parts or all of the Kozure Ookami (Lone Wolf and Cub) manga series, but have been unable to locate any through English-based websites. I am interested only in the Japanese language versions. If anybody here has them for sale or could direct me to the appropriate location I would appreciate it. Thank you.

-Eric

Mekugi
29th July 2005, 02:21
There are many incarnations of this series. Ranging from the spots in comic magazines in the '70's up until the recent graphic novels which are sold in news stands. Tell me which ones you are interested in and I can get them for you.

-Russ

I have been looking for parts or all of the Kozure Ookami (Lone Wolf and Cub) manga series, but have been unable to locate any through English-based websites. I am interested only in the Japanese language versions. If anybody here has them for sale or could direct me to the appropriate location I would appreciate it. Thank you.

-Eric

Shimura
30th July 2005, 20:32
I have one of the newer graphic novel versions, Volume one, if your interested. I was thinking of collecting them myself, but more pressing financial matters has overridden that idea.

Eric Spinelli
1st August 2005, 03:53
While it makes sense, I was unaware of the quantity of variations and reprints available. Are the majority of these versions by the original artists/authors or are they simply adaptations? I'm not terribly concerned about collectibles and vintage pressings, but the original artwork would be prefered. Thank you for the information so far.

-Eric

Shimura
1st August 2005, 12:16
The ones that are being printed in the States right now in graphic novel form are being put out by Dark Horse comics. I also have on of the original comic book versions, but that one I'm keeping since it was a personal gift from a friend and my original introduction to Lone Wolf and Cub. Anyways, that one was also printed/released by Dark Horse. The local comic place in town has the whole series of the graphic novel printing, and they go for about $10 each. Each volume is an amalgamation of two or three of the original comics put into a book format.