PDA

View Full Version : Turkey Day... Cajun Style!!!

Jason Chambers
23rd November 2000, 11:24
Can you say Turducken?

What is it? It is a chicken stuffed inside a duck which is then stuffed inside a turkey. Then baked of course.

Quite tasty... anyone wanting the recipe can find it at http://www.wafb.com

Look for Roger's Cajun Cooking or just recipes.

Y'all be good now...

john mark
23rd November 2000, 13:41
Jason,

Went there and couldn't find the recipe. Would appreciate if you could post it or email it to me.

Thanks,

Jason Chambers
23rd November 2000, 18:25
It is usually there. Hmmmm. Let me see if I can find it for you. Did your see the Corninsh Hens stuffed with crawfish dressing? That is another great one.

Neil Yamamoto
23rd November 2000, 19:46
My brother is deep frying two turkeys with cajun injected seasonings. This ought to be interesting since he has never tried this before.

My mother is roasting a turkey as always for back up and for those who don't want cajun seasoned yard bird.

I'm just gonna go for the wild turkey with a couple drops of water and an ice cube. :toast:

Jason Chambers
23rd November 2000, 20:43
Any of you who may be interested in tasting some of this delicious grub can do so from your home.

All you have to do is let me know by private email, don't want to violate the forum rules.

There are several dishes available in "mix" form in a box that I can send up to you.

Examples:
Gumbo
Jambalaya
Red Beans and Rice
Ettoufee (You have to supply the shrimp or crawfish. I recommend crawfish for flavor)
White Beans and Rice
Dirty Rice(No, its really not dirty.)

There is also an array of fine seasonings for boiling shrimp, crabs or crawfish*.

*Crawfish aka: crayfish, mudbugs. They look just like little lobster but taste a heck of a lot better!

JUST LET ME KNOW IF YA WANT ANY!

jnkma@earthlink.net

Neil Yamamoto
23rd November 2000, 21:48
I have a real fondness for gumbo, ettouffe, catfish, dirty rice, red rice and beans, hoppin john, cracklin bread or just plain old corn bread, and some greens to pretend I'm eating healthy. To heck with turkey.

One of my buddies is cooking up some ribs, hoppin john, cornbread dressing, greens, and a small turkey for making some gravy and placate those who want turkey.

In case anyone is ever in Seattle, Here is where to eat. The OK corral for ribs, the catfish corner for what else-catfish, ezel's for fried chicken. Or the Country Fisherman, the Kingfish Cafe, and Southern Hospitality Family restaurant, and The General's for all the above food stuffs.

Off to eat too much.