PDA

View Full Version : RENT Instructional DVDs

mydas
14th August 2005, 19:40
I read the post on Budo: the Art of Killing and someone else posted something about Jack Hoban's ninjitsu videos and I thought I would let people know about a website I just joined that allows its members to RENT instructional dvds.....it's exactly like Netflix but for martial artists. The site is www.BushidoDVD.com and they also have all the classic ninja, samurai and kung fu movies too. Their monthly plans include the Ronin, Samurai, Shogun and Emperor plans so it's kinda fun!

green27712
15th August 2005, 18:55
I like the concept NetFLix Ninjutsu- hehehehe. EXCEPT- I wonder why they don't have more of the mainstream well knowns in this category as well as others. While Sensei's Von Donk, Bussey, and Hoban are well known I am curious as to why they onlt have ONE Hatsumi DVD(which is information and not necessarily instructional) and no Tanemura, or Hayes, etc.
It makes me wonder if the use of these DVD's in this way has been authorized by these gentlemen.
I also noticed that in the knife fighting arena there is no Dan Inosanto(foremost well known expert and veteran in filpino knife fighting)-

Just things that make you go -hmmmmm.

Ed Green

mydas
19th August 2005, 17:12
The classic two volume DVD set "Ninja Night Warriors" by Stephen Hayes will be added to the Bushido DVD inventory in the next few weeks along with some other instructional titles. Inosanto has some terrific videos, but has not released any of them in the DVD format - which is necessary when you operate an on-line DVD rental business. If anyone can direct me to Dan Inosanto DVDs, they will be added to Bushido DVDs inventory as well! :)

As for particular titles being "approved" by people for use in a particular way there is no such thing as a "rental right" in North America - the First Sale Doctrine in U.S. Copyright Law allows for the renting, borrowing, leasing, or selling of any audiovisual work. Computer software and music CDs are an exception to this rule, but videos and DVDs are not - therefore, there is no need to seek approval from any copyright holder.