PDA

View Full Version : New Shorinji Kempo Branch : Farnborough

Stefan Kulik
19th August 2005, 11:12
Gassho

First post on the forum, so please be gentle...

This is just to let everyone know a new Shorinji Kempo club has just opened at the Farnborough Recreation Centre in Hampshire, run by Sensei Kid, who previously trained under Mizuno Sensei in London.

Training is being held on Wednesday nights, 7-9pm, and we'd welcome any new or existing kenshi who have been waiting for a club in the area....I seem to recall there being several lurking kenshi who were waiting for one to open!

Kesshu

Stefan Kulik

David Dunn
19th August 2005, 11:53
Nice one Stef. Say hello to Kid from me.

Stefan Kulik
19th August 2005, 15:59
Good to hear from you Dave, and I will say hello...

And obviously if you're ever on your way back up the M4 and fancy a detour...

All the best

Stef

Tripitaka of AA
19th August 2005, 19:49
Please help me to avoid any embarrassment. The full name of the new Sensei is..? And the gender is...?

sean dixie
22nd August 2005, 07:24
Please help me to avoid any embarrassment. The full name of the new Sensei is..? And the gender is...?

Kids name is... Kid (that's the name he goes by anyway)
Gender is silverback male.
And he's a wuss! :p

Tripitaka of AA
22nd August 2005, 09:39
SEAN!!!!!

The parochial nature of the British contingent can make them forget that there are other people around the world reading these threads... (where are all the smileys when I need them?).

Having established that Kid Sensei is a male of the species, could we also clarify that his name is made up of more than one part? Or are we talking about a one-word-will-suffice type like Bono, Maradonna, Sting, Prince, Pele or Socrates (Hmm, Soccer players and Pop stars, I wonder what else they might have in common...).

Perhaps Kid Sensei could be tempted onto the board. We have an Introductions thread that is crying out for some more entries. :)

David Dunn
22nd August 2005, 09:53
Kid's name is Daniel Antwi. He's chukenshi, Brixton branch, and ran the children's class there for many years. He also played no small part in helping to establish UCL branch when it was new.

Steve Williams
22nd August 2005, 20:06
And obviously if you're ever on your way back up the M4 and fancy a detour...
Then you would come to my branch......

sheeesssshhhhh...... its bad enough getting kenshi when there are other styles about, let alone your own style trying to steal your kenshi.... ;)

Good luck to Kid, any chance of training on a different night??

Tripitaka of AA
22nd August 2005, 20:27
Thanks David... at last!

Best wishes to Kid Sensei. Let's hope there are some kind Kenshi around to offer their support in the early days, to help balance the class and show newcomers what is possible (I think Beginners can be overwhelmed when all they get to see is "Superman Sensei", with no clues as to how easy/difficult it might be to get that good).