PDA

View Full Version : Number of posts

Mika Rantanen
20th August 2005, 22:37
After posting replies to some threads, and starting one or two by myself, the "Posts:"-number at my messages stays at zero. Is this a bug or is there something special to that number that I'm not aware of?

Not that it really matters, but I'm just being curious. :)

Edit: seems that the previous thread didn't count in for the posts-number, now if there was a way to delete this unnecessary message...

MarkF
21st August 2005, 12:15
If you are posting or starting threads in the Members' Lounge or any sub-forum of the Lounge, they are not counted in your post count. Your posts are counted or should be, in all other fora. I see you have only one post so my bet is that you are starting threads in the lounge.

BTW: This topic comes up from time to time so do a quick search of this forum. You should find other threads that may explain it better than I.

Edit in: You have 15 minutes to edit a post. There are good reasons for this, one being that users sometimes change their posts entirely after seeing replies the next day or later. The edit hack is mainly for deleting a post if you change your mind, doing a spell/grammar check, and so on.

Mark

BTW: If you really have good reason for deleting or editing a thread after the first fifteen minutes, send a Private Message (PM) to, either Asst. Admin George Kohler or Admin. John Lindsey. John is in Iraq right now so you will get a quicker response from George. Reasons should be exceptional ones and if it/they are, they can change them for you. Not liking a post is not a good reason.