PDA

View Full Version : chicken shobu

ulvulv
18th September 2005, 20:51
http://mtvshop.mtv.com/product.aspx?sku=31145002&loc=19225

?????
I sink down my head and cry.
This is not an attempt to revitalize the thread of all threads, but its to bad not to share.

"Readers tired of the same old workout moves can grab a sword (a broomstick and some imagination will do!) and slice, chop, and thrust their way into great shape"

hyaku
18th September 2005, 21:03
"My Forza classes have exploded because of all the movies, like Kill Bill, King Arthur, Troy, Charlie's Angels," says Ilaria Montagnani, the creator of Forza, and an accomplished martial arts expert from Italy. She instructs classes at New York's trendy Reebok Sports Club. "I'm teaching everyday and if I can't, someone is teaching for me. My Web site is inundated with requests."

In Forza, exercisers are taught to slowly map out a choreographed "fight," featuring up to 20 moves. "Forza is based on samurai practices and the aim is to achieve speed and precision," explains Montagnani. The class acts out the one-minute fight sequence, after an hour of rehearsing with the weighted swords...........

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0675/is_6_22/ai_n7578585

http://www.healthandfitness.nl/index_%20bestanden/BDP-forza.htm

http://www.ephilosopher.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=PNAmazon&file=index2&asin=1569754780

Ben Bartlett
18th September 2005, 21:46
People never cease to amaze me.

fifthchamber
20th September 2005, 01:29
Heh...I put some serious thought into buying this for my wife as I thought it may have made her ask me to train with her some..Heh..But I decided against it after about a second (maybe two) as I decided that even if it did I would have to kill myself for having bought something as vacuous as this book..Forza..By schmucks for schmucks..Via Tom Cruise...Lovely..
Regards.

Ren Blade
20th September 2005, 16:42
Looks like a Tae Bo for swords.

Hopefully Forza is recognized as a cardio workout than a sword art as much as Tae Bo is recognized as a cardio workout instead of a Martial Art.

I know I don't want to be near any Forza class or it's participants. The instructor will probably allow stainless steel wallhangers for her "advanced" students cause she appears to be holding one herself on the cover of her book.

Chidokan
20th September 2005, 21:11
I reckon one of you local guys should go along and join in. You could show them some proper waza with a bokken, using the Forza instructors as tekki. Let us know how you get on...... :D :D

The other thing that worries me about this is that Ulvulv seems to find a lot of these sites, in fact most of them, first.... ;)

pgsmith
20th September 2005, 21:23
The instructor will probably allow stainless steel wallhangers for her "advanced" students cause she appears to be holding one herself on the cover of her book.
I seriously doubt it. All it would take is one accident and lawsuit to wipe out everything she has built.
Actually, this is from one of the articles that Hyaku was kind enough to link ...

However, the swords in Forza are actually "made of a special plastic, and are not sharp or pointy. There's no contact and no danger--and thankfully there hasn't been any accidents in eight years," notes Montagnani.

ulvulv
20th September 2005, 21:46
I reckon one of you local guys should go along and join in. You could show them some proper waza with a bokken, using the Forza instructors as tekki. Let us know how you get on...... :D :D

The other thing that worries me about this is that Ulvulv seems to find a lot of these sites, in fact most of them, first.... ;)

Haha, I have to be careful, it might backfire on me one day.

nicojo
20th September 2005, 22:47
The book includes a resource section explaining how and where to purchase various workout swords, including steel, wood, and weighted plastic. Last line of the ad. Someone should copy that section and sticky it here. Might help some new enquirers.
---
Sorry, I keep finding little gems in there:
From a safety perspective, the very idea of a sea of sword-hacking fitness fanatics can sound like a potential death trap. Just how safe is Forza? What is the likelihood of a fatal decapitation at the hands of an overzealous colleague? "No, there's no beheading," Potential death trap indeed! But wait, no beheading, whew.

Hmm, that first article of Hyaku's is off-base in more than one way: says a Michigan current-day dude is "developing a new workout called Angola-style Capoeria". Angola's been around a bit longer than that.

---
Urg, last one:
Awaken your combatant spirits with Powerstrike Forza.
Okay, I will then! Hrarr!! Do they need coffee too?!

Takeso
21st September 2005, 11:33
wath would think the masters of old above the deals of the master of today?

that thing of "forza",

those cheapy samurai marketing,etc.

waths's your opinion?

urbalte
21st September 2005, 23:58
Great...next there will be a dojo for smurfs and the workout music will be nothing but Chumbawumba and Right Said Fred...

LET'S FORZA!!!!! 1 and 2 and 3 and KIRI AGE!

Takeso
27th September 2005, 11:55
That's true!....