PDA

View Full Version : BUJINKAN: Peter James Ferguson OWES ME MONEY!!!!

Jason Chambers
19th September 2005, 22:50
Peter James Ferguson, of the UK, owes me money for a purchase on eBay that he never shipped. He has since disappeared from the eBay radar. Anyone knowing where abouts, plese contact me.

IronFan1
20th September 2005, 00:14
Peter James Ferguson, of the UK, owes me money for a purchase on eBay that he never shipped. He has since disappeared from the eBay radar. Anyone knowing where abouts, plese contact me.

If you paid threw paypal you can file a claim with them and get you money back that way.

Jason Chambers
20th September 2005, 03:19
I filed a claim and PAYPAL was "unable to secure funds" from this guy's accounts.

stauburn
20th September 2005, 08:53
Sorry to hear that. I have greatly reduced my Ebay purchases after a few bad experiences

warren33
22nd September 2005, 11:18
I'm also sorry to hear that.

This guy was one of the first to sell pirated copies of Hatsumi-sensei's stuff on ebay. When he first started up some things didn't look right so I asked him and he confirmed they were copies. I decided not to deal with him.

I genuinely do hope you get your money back and that this may dissuade others from buying from these kinds of people. Purchasing from them only perpetuates the fraud and, if they think nothing of ripping off Sensei, why would they have a conscience about ripping off customers?

I think the saddest thing of all is that this guy may possibly even be a member of the Bujinkan :(

By the way, what was it you were buying?

Take care,

Warren

ElfTengu
22nd September 2005, 20:44
I bought the Hatsumi Bojutsu DVD, thinking it was a genuine Quest one, but no it was a copy and wouldn't even play all the way through.

You pays your money and you takes your choice.

I've generally had good experiences on Ebay however, as a buyer and seller. I've sold around 350 items and only had a couple of people try it on.

Check our peoples' feedback, even one bad one can give some idea of how an individual operates.

Kotaro
23rd September 2005, 16:15

Hi

you wouldnt be the guy who bought the fake 10th dan patch would you.

wouldnt know why you would want that if it was??????

Also why mention it here, you can report him to ebay, just click item never recieved and ebay lets you file a complaint and if you used Paypal you may recover your cash that way also

Jason Chambers
23rd September 2005, 21:07
Steve,

Thanks for the advice but I already did that. He emptied all of his accounts so eBay/PayPal was not able to retrieve funds.

No. I did not buy a 10th Dan patch.

ElfTengu
24th September 2005, 08:41
There's no harm warning fellow e-budoka of the perils of Ebay in case they are new to it and rush to buy all the goodies on offer.

The biggest thing to watch out for though are the spoof emails that pretend to be Ebay or PayPal. They ask you to sign in to correct some 'problem' with your account, or tell you that oyur account has been suspended for some reason, or that someone else has tried to add an email address to your account or tried to access it.

Usually you can tell that it is a scam by their terrible use of English spelling and grammar, but some of them are becoming more sophisticated and I can imagine many otherwise intelligent people falling for them.

If you are told that your Ebay or PayPal account has been suspended, go to the actual websites and you will soon find out whether your account is operational or not.

But NEVER EVER use the link from the fake email, it will look exactly like the real Ebay or PayPal Log-In page but it isn't, they just want your details so that they can steal your money.

Sorry if this is oversimplified but you just can't be too careful!