PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Kobudo in AZ

Chris Igoe
23rd September 2005, 07:01
Hello, my name is Chris Igoe and last year i relocated to Prescott, AZ and am finally finding myself with time enough to actively search out a dojo to train in. I'm primarily interested in Kobudo but so far haven't found too much on the net outside of Rudy Crosswell who seems associated with the much ill reputed "Dai Nippon Seibukan Budo Bugei Kai" to which as you all know has no links on the net anywhere (thus i'm quite leary of his claims to anything). So if anyone has any info on any Kobudo dojo in the AZ area and i mean any of AZ i'd be most thankful for it. I'm not against traveling to get to a good dojo w/ a quality, well-informed, and most importantly legitimate (meaning honest more than anything) Sensei.

Thanks in advance,

Chris Igoe

nicojo
23rd September 2005, 13:09
Welcome to e-budo and also to AZ. Prescott's nice as long as you can pronounce it.

You may be out of luck with the kobudo. A dojo-mate of mine had searched quite a bit here in the Paved Over Valley Of Doom (phoenix, et al) and hadn't turned up much.

Nevertheless I'll ask him in practice again, and try to give more encouraging news. Can't remember the name of his particular style, but it was Okinawan.

Rob Alvelais
23rd September 2005, 14:06
Try Ted Rabino. http://members.cox.net/shitokai/

He's a student of Toshihiro Oshiro of Yamanni Ryu

Rob