PDA

View Full Version : Need help!

Victor Bondarev
24th September 2005, 04:28
Gassho!

My name is Victor Bondarev. I am from Russian Shorinji Kempo Branch, but now I am locating in Dickinson, North Dakota, USA.

So, the question is: do I can find some where around this area anybody who knows what Shorinji Kempo is, and had some practice in it? I mean, I would like to keep practice and will like to find somebody, beginner or already retired is no matter!

I will be gratitude to any information!

satsukikorin
24th September 2005, 15:54
Gassho, Victor.

I'm afraid you've picked a location that is VERY FAR away from any official Shorinji Kempo branch. But I will pass your query along to the email list for North American branch officers, and we will see if anyone knows anything.

Dickinson, ND, is pretty remote. How did you end up there?

:)

Tripitaka of AA
24th September 2005, 20:02
Perhaps looking for Fargo...?

Victor Bondarev
26th September 2005, 04:57
Gassho!

To satsukikorin and Tripitaka of AA

Thank you for responding! :)

First of all will answer how I found such a small community like Dickinson, ND.
Yes, it is far from “big world”, but it is not edge of earth, anyway I can see it from here. :)

In 2004 Dickinson State University and Russian Institution, where I studied, begun relationships and as part of it was an exchange program. That is why in last year I visited Dickinson. I enjoyed staying there. In North Dakota are wonderful people, very kind and polite. In whole North Dakota state live in 3 times less population in compare with the city where I lived in Russia. That is means: no rush, no traffic, no crime, but clean air and good (and chip) Universities, so, after graduation of my Russian college, I moved to DSU to get a Business degree. I staying here little bit more them one month.

Everything great here, but no SK

I can say about Fargo that it is biggest city in the ND, but I not found anything about SK in Fargo.

I will expect news from you.

Have a nice day!

Gary Dolce
26th September 2005, 14:46
Gassho Victor,

Dickinson, ND is indeed a long way from anywhere. But I am sure that is part of its attraction. :)

If you have the chance for a road trip, it looks like the nearest Branch to you is in Denver (about 610 miles), although I am not sure that Branch is active right now (it wasn't early this summer). Otherwise, you could go east to the Iowa Branch (880 miles), or west to Boise (940 miles) or northwest to Calgary (760 miles).

If you get this far, you are always welcome to visit us in Ann Arbor (1170 miles).

jailess
26th September 2005, 15:01
It's Official: America is Too Big.

610 miles to the nearest SK club? That's the length of Britain, for god's sake! There should be NO AMENITY IN THE WORLD that's not within 609 miles of where you live!

You think with all that distance to cover, the Yanks'd be more bothered about building fuel-efficient cars...

Ero Sennin
26th September 2005, 16:49

610 miles to the nearest SK club? That's the length of Britain, for god's sake! There should be NO AMENITY IN THE WORLD that's not within 609 miles of where you live!

You think with all that distance to cover, the Yanks'd be more bothered about building fuel-efficient cars...

Looks like you'll have to add Dickinson, North Dakota to that 50 year plan of yours.

Victor Bondarev
27th September 2005, 05:14

610 miles to the nearest SK club? That's the length of Britain, for god's sake!

Can you imagine how big Russia is? And in the whole country just 5 Branches of SK!!!

To Mr. Dolce

Denver could be the best option for me, but anyway I will able to visit it just one-two times in the year. :(
Can you say with whom should I contact in Denver on tha case if I will make such trip?

And huge Thank you for inviting in your dojo! :)