PDA

View Full Version : The Elevator

luar
28th September 2005, 19:02
The elevator door has just closed and you are alone. What will you do?

jailess
28th September 2005, 19:41
Are you okay, Raul? I thought in the city of skyscrapers you'd be familiar with Lifts...

JL.
28th September 2005, 22:19
Gassho!

I press the button for the level I want to go. Then I practice weight-shifting and relaxation while going up.

Kesshu,
______ Jan.

John Ryan
28th September 2005, 23:24
After the brief spurt about drunken randori, are we onto drunken e-budo posting...?

When frequenting the lift, I usually take some pleasure (particularly when a host of upwardly mobile ladies and gents join me) in that I am invariably the first to get off [the lift...]. This then begs the question why I don't walk...

luar
29th September 2005, 03:30
Interesting how everyone perceived this. I was looking for practicing Uchi Uke or something like that.

Tripitaka of AA
29th September 2005, 09:41
Better yet, Kusshin Zuki or Kusshin geri.

Obviously the real truth is that when the doors close, everyone just glances at themselves in the mirror to confirm they still exist. Then one smiles to check out whether there is anything stuck to one's pearly white teeth, Finally, and you have to time this right, one mutters a special catchphrase or morale-boosting mantra; "here's lookin' at YOU, kid!", "You da Man!", "Oh, you lookin' sharp!".

Care must be taken to avoid mis-timing this last step, allowing the doors to open and other passengers to witness this embarassing private act. Akin to being caught with your hands down your trousers in mid undergarment adjustment.

JL.
29th September 2005, 09:52
Gassho!

*LOL* That reminds me of Bruce Willis in "Friends" practising his own pep talk in front of the mirror with Ross watching from under the bed. "I'm a sex machine..." *ROTFLWTIME*

Kesshu,
______ Jan.

Tripitaka of AA
29th September 2005, 09:55
"#I'm just a Love Machine, and babe I won't work for nobody but you...." :D

sean dixie
29th September 2005, 10:26
I secretely decide that in the event of the cable snapping I'll jump in the air a split second before it hits the bottom!...Yes I know it won't work smart a$$es! :)

KempoCat
29th September 2005, 12:35
practicing zuki.... and of course checking myself out. then the doors open and someone walks in smirking, cos they know what ive been doing....

or

practicing zuki only to have my girlfriend shout at me for hitting the walls as it freaks her out that i will break the lift

or practicing my kicks, but then need to adjust my pants cos they've ridden up butt :D ...only to have the doors open and the same person walking in from previously....

David Dunn
29th September 2005, 12:36
Felix, you seem quite experienced in lift kempo :D

Kari MakiKuutti
29th September 2005, 14:27
Murphy's law for lift riding:

You are alone in the lift. You fart.

The lift will stop on the next floor and a hot blonde will come in.

:rolleyes:

Sami Elkhalifa
29th September 2005, 15:45
Do you...

(A) Avert your eyes in modest embarrassment?
(B) Wear the "what's wrong? I can't smell anything!" look?
(C) Flare you nostrils with mild indignation at "someone else's uncivilised behaviour"?
(D) Give her the Al Pacino vacant stare followed by a deep breath and a loud " OO AAH"?
(E) Attempt to start a conversation regarding Murphy's Law?
(F) Practice your Uchi Uke with renewed vigour (a la Felix)?

Answers on a postcard, please. :)

KempoCat
29th September 2005, 16:14
i would blame it on some imaginary guy that was on the lift just before i got on...

luar
30th September 2005, 04:32
conversation regarding Murphy's Law?
(F) Practice your Uchi Uke with renewed vigour (a la Felix)?

Answers on a postcard, please. :)

Guilty as hell and will send you a postcard from Miami if I'm sober enough.