PDA

View Full Version : UCC Cold Coffee in a Can (f'real)

nicojo
29th September 2005, 01:03
Or whatever brand/flavor you've experienced.

Really, it should be discussed.

Blackwood
29th September 2005, 01:10
I actually find it very nice after a meal of sushi at my favorite place.

nicojo
29th September 2005, 02:04
I enjoy it cold in the hot summer. A genki-drink and a UCC makes me strong for budo! :D

Bit of a coffee snob, so I was leery at first. But I'll never turn down any coffee in a time of need, so I journeyed into the world of canned ko-hi. However, Mocha flavor is too sweet.

budoka_ch
29th September 2005, 06:45
Well, I've never had that UCC stuff, and I'm not normally a coffee man, but here in Starbucks Land (yes, yes I know, Starbucks is the spawn of the devil*), I feel I have to say:

Sutaabukusu no Furappuchino wa tottemo oishii zo!

*=I do, however, agree about the hot chocolate. Basically water and cocoa. Blecch. Their steamed almond milks and crumb cakes, OTOH...(collapses into a delirious swoon.)

nicojo
29th September 2005, 07:15
Well, I've never had that UCC stuff

Get thee to UWAJIMAYA!!!

Easy bus ride to the "international district." A world awaits...

Starbucks is dependable and consistent, which, in a foreign land in hot weather, may be necessary. I too have drunk an iced coffee from the devil's teat.

Actually, now that I think of it, I have more than one coffee story from that short, too short trip.

Maro
29th September 2005, 07:45
I first had "Coffee in a Can" in Thailand and was very disappointed when I couldn't find it back in the UK (2 cans in a minibus on the way to the River Kwai was the business!)

Now, I've just found it in a store 25 yards from my office!

budoka_ch
29th September 2005, 09:47
[QUOTE=nicojo]Get thee to UWAJIMAYA!!!

Yessir! Right away sir! Go to Uwajimaya to get good selection of Asian goods sir!

(goes to look up bus timetable, looks out window, realizes it's 1:25 am, remembers I have Jap 201 class at 10 am, thinks 'ah, screw it, now would not be good', and heads off to nice warm beddy-bye for 9am wake-up call.)

dan keup
3rd October 2005, 18:50
Loved the canned coffee, the wam one with cream and sugar or was it milk. Anyway i wish we had the vending machine canned coffee here.

nicojo
3rd October 2005, 19:09
There's a Japanese market a half-mile from my house. If you ever come through Phoenix north on the 10, you can stock up!

fifthchamber
7th October 2005, 03:03
Blendy....It ain't canned but it IS the greatest Coffee flavoured cheap drink you can buy in a PET bottle...And they now have Expresso types too! And half calorie!! Wow!!WOWOWOW!!(I need to stop drinking it don't I?)....
Coffee in a can is great stuff...Nothing better for long days in a hot office..
Although...I kinda like the teas too..And the Oolong cha is blinding on a hot day..
So is Active Diet! And H2O SuperWater! And....Wow...I really need a break..
Regards.

nicojo
7th October 2005, 03:35
I remember Blendy! I liked it too.

But I also liked Boss coffee because of the Grizzled Man With Pipe icon:

fifthchamber
7th October 2005, 05:59
Yeah..BOSS is only sold in cans though..so you can't get as much caffeine in as with the PET bottles..
Heh...Like I need it..
Regards.

Tri-ring
9th October 2005, 04:24
Hello all,

Although I am a green tea man myself, since I have economical relationship with this company, I would like to hear your opinion on this brand.

I would also like to ask your opinion if there is a market for these canned coffee drinks in your country.

K.Miwa

Richmond McClue
10th October 2005, 08:41
Really love the stuff - Boss is one of my favorites, especially the Black. The Fire coffees were quite good, too.

Actually, all my caffeine needs for the day can be met from one vending machine - canned coffee, green tea and energy drinks like Liptovan D.

That said, cold canned coffee seems to have failed to catch on in the US.

nicojo
13th October 2005, 19:04
I would like to hear your opinion on this brand. I actually stayed away from it for my first few days over there because I thought it had alcohol! Heh. My only experience of Kirin was beer-related. Speaking of which, I'm very sad that Kirin Classic is not available in U.S. I believe it is different from Kirin Draft.

I would also like to ask your opinion if there is a market for these canned coffee drinks in your country. Unfortunately, the market in the U.S. is swamped by energy drinks such as Red Bull and so I don't think people will be as interested. These drinks aren't coffee flavored, usually. To me they taste foul, but they are popular. The closest thing we have is made by Starbucks, and I don't like it as much as UCC, Boss, etc.