PDA

View Full Version : Iaido School In North Wales

Matt 90
5th October 2005, 17:45
Hi. I was wondering if anyone knows of a Iaido or Kenjutsu school in North Wales. Also I'm wondering about purchasing a Iaito from www.ninecircles.co.uk does anyone have one or can tell me what kind of quality they are.

Thank you

UKPatrick
5th October 2005, 23:04
Hi Matt

Firstly, I think someone might tell you that you should sign your posts, but you might get away with it.

Then Nine Circles. I bought an iaito from them some years back, and have no complaints at all. Their kit is normally very good quality, but, remember, you do get what you pay for. They are also very helpfull, so tell 'm what your looking for, and what you want to pay, and you should not be dissapointed.

Have you tried the British Kendo Association website for a club in N. Wales?.There are other sites, but try the best first.

Good hunting

Patrick

ulvulv
5th October 2005, 23:28
there isnt that much bka activity in wales, according to their site, there is only a kendoclub, in cardiff.

http://www.kendo.org.uk/dojo/wales.shtml

There is also iai outside bka. Mr Hamilton, where are you?

Chidokan
6th October 2005, 19:44
SuperTim to the rescue! :D
One of Neil Kemps' students, Kevin, is the man to see from North Wales. Hmmm...North Wales....how about Lancaster or Preston until I get his email for you?

ahhh UKPatrick... :smilejapa as for the best...ask ScottUK if his brain has settled down yet after a training session with me... ;)
and I will also quote a certain Southampton dojo BKA team member at this point (after my visit there)..."welcome to the dark side, Luke...." :D

Koryu will take over the world, Flash Gordon.. muhahahahaa!!! (done in my best Ming the Merciless voice)

UKPatrick
10th October 2005, 16:10
Mr Tim sir,

I must take issue with you about your some comments.

I have just spent three days in France with Scott, and I know now that HE DOES NOT HAVE A BRAIN.

Never trust his sence of direction, or memory. Never follow him to a railway station he 'knows' is there (yes, downhill all the way there, uphill all the way back to the hotel, 'cos the station was in the opposite direction)

Actually, thinking about it, perhaps the overtraining with you was the cause of his confusion....... That being the case, no, he has not recovered yet.

ScottUK
11th October 2005, 13:39
Never trust his sence of direction, or memory.Arse.

Never trust a grown man who can't spell 'sense' or use correct punctuation...

If it wasn't for me you'd still be doing mickey mouse iai. Tim, despite his moustache, does very nice koryu MJER. Sometimes not the same ri-ai as me, but often a very interesting take on the kata and it's application.

As for direction, let's talk about Canada and the ability to keep a horseless carriage out of the ditches on the roadsides, shall we? :D

Matt, good luck with the dojo search and a tip for you:

Keep away from E-Budo... :D

UKPatrick
11th October 2005, 18:30
Scott et al,

my appologies re the spelling and grammer yesterday, but having returned from France only an hour or so before writing the post, my brain was still thinking in 'Franglais', that well know mixture of French and English.

As to the unfortunate incident in Canada when I was driving, everyone knows the roads are on the wrong side of the cars over there, so temporarily entering a ditch is not unexpected, and indeed, you seemed to expect it every time I drove after that!

Should all else fail in the hunt for a dojo, drop down into mid-wales, pick up the M54, then the M6, A38m and then a few side streets to get to Masamune dojo, where, despite Scotts best efforts, you will be taught correct iaido. It's only about 80 miles.......

ScottUK
11th October 2005, 19:54
Scott et al,

my appologies re the spelling and grammer yesterday...but what about today's efforts? :D

UKPatrick
11th October 2005, 21:48
Deliberate

ScottUK
11th October 2005, 22:11
Hehe BS :D

Seeya Thursday for a good beating (if you can get there...)

Chidokan
31st October 2005, 08:53
Matt, I have p.m.'ed you with a contact name.... give him a ring if you're still interested.