PDA

View Full Version : CSI:NY "Corporate Warriors"

Doug Daulton
20th October 2005, 07:43
Anyone else catch tonight's episode of CSI:NY? Titled "Corporate Warriors", the plot centered around a NY firm which, as part of it's training, had all of senior executives involved in rigorous MA training. Competition for top jobs leads to a couple of killings. The premise looked silly in the commercials, and the actual episode proved to be just as ridiculous.

One guy had surgically augmented knuckles (metal/bone implants). Despite these killer hands, he performed a surgical decapitation with a katana while hanging UPSIDE DOWN from a tree. His cut was so precise that his victim's head never left the body. All of that blood just leaked from the wound onto the guy's suit. I guess the guy had a weak heart. How else does one explain the lack of arterial spurting?

This fellow was in turn killed by his CEO who was caught when CSI found his shoeprint on THE CEILING of the pool hall where the two corporate killers dueled in fight that would have made Crouching Tiger/Hidden Dragon look like reality TV.

Cap that off with ... "training sessions" where folks beat one another bloody and licked their lips in glee while doing it ... a dojo at the office where everyone wore aikido-like hakama and dogi (all immaculately pressed) ... yet still did a series of end over end handsprings and finished with a kick to the face ... and the icing on the cake ... Gary Sinise testing the murder weapons at the CSI lab ... giving a dissertation on all sorts of bladed weapons and performing tameshigiri in the lab using a baseball batter's swing.

Wow. I know it is TV, but I thought police procedurals/forensics shows were supposed to be dramas based in reality, not complete flights of fantasy. The only saving grace was the actual throws in the dojo and on the street looked authentic. Creative license or not, this was a stinker.

OK. Rant over. :D

Joseph Svinth
20th October 2005, 07:48
Since ya liked that one so much, try the Google keyword search, "Rocky 6".

Bustillo, A.
20th October 2005, 12:00
Wow. I know it is TV, but I thought police procedurals/forensics shows were supposed to be dramas based in reality, not complete flights of fantasy. :D

CSI is advertised as real but it is from it.