PDA

View Full Version : teppan

Barry
29th May 2000, 19:50
In the Bujinkan we have a weapon of the year and this year it has been said to be the teppan. I experimented around with various materials and finally found one that works well for training. If you would like to order one or some I am slowly turning some out. My e'mail is BBROD@ns.net.
Three dollars ea. plus shipping.
Barry

------------------
Barry Brodeur w/
Kaizen buyu dojo
yondan Bujinkan
Budo Taijutsu

Onikusari
29th May 2000, 23:55
Did you sell these teppans at the last Jack Hoban seminar in Stockton last March? If so, I recommend these items to anyone interested in practicing with these weapon.

Rob K.

------------------
"In truth, lies. In lies, truth."

Barry
30th May 2000, 07:00
Yes, but this is the new and improved version. Dale Seigo and Michael Simien used them for their very successful seminar. Ask them!
Barry

sammycerv
30th May 2000, 22:04
Sorry to be so naive, but what is a teppan? I would like to learn it. Are there any videos or books of instruction?

------------------
Sam Cervantes
www.geocities.com/unitedsds (http://www.geocities.com/unitedsds)

Barry
31st May 2000, 07:01
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I was shown a small 3" square iron plate. No sharp edges or corners.
Barry

------------------
Barry Brodeur w/
Kaizen buyu dojo
yondan Bujinkan
Budo Taijutsu

dirtyvicar
31st May 2000, 16:55
I made mine out of neoprene gasket material, available at any hardware store. It comes in various thicknesses. I had some old stuff lying about which worked quite well, I think it was 3/16" thick. It was amazingly similar to what they used at the hombu dojo, except for color. I cut the sheets into 3" squares, and voila ! - training teppan. All for about $2 US.