PDA

View Full Version : Quality Staffs and Weapons

Oji Budoka
31st May 2000, 06:56
Greetings Buyu,
I am here to make an offer to the serious Budoka of Kobudo.
While searching the net for a supplier of wooden dowels to make bo's from, and finding NO companies that are worth their salt. I came across a company that specializes in reclaiming old growth wood from buildings. Every piece of wood in their stock is in excess of 200 yrs in age and procured from the old growth timber that covered the US before being clear-cut by the timber industry. After a phone call and a long conversation, I am pleased to announce that we are starting production line of Kobudo weapons for the serious martial artist.
This wood is the densest and hardest wood I have EVER seen. I have personally broken 1 1/2" solid red oak bo's while training using these old growth staffs. The wood in each bo is hand selected and grain matched for uniform strength and hand made by a master craftsman, not mass produced by a machine.
Available in 1 1/2" & 2 1/2" diameters, 3 ft. - 4 ft. - 5 ft.- 6 ft. lengths or cut to YOUR exact specifications. Round, Triangular, or Octagonal shapes are offered in White Oak, Ash, Rock Maple, or Hickory wood-stock and available finished or unfinished. All products are offered with a lifetime-limited warranty against warping or splitting at the joint.
Now mind you, these bo's aren't cheap. 1 1/2" staffs run $25.00 a foot and 2 1/2" run $50.00 a foot + s/h. But I encourage you to purchase a mass produced bo from a major martial arts supply house and train hard with it. Then try one of ours. Hell, I'll even ship you mine to try for a week to try out so you can make up your own mind. (With a deposit of course)
Currently we are set up and taking orders for rokushakubo, jo, hanbo & edo koppo. Please e-mail serious inquires to, UncleBudo@aol.com

Sincerely;
Kenneth Pangburn
Weapons Consultant

http://www.OldGrowthWoods.com

[This message has been edited by Oji Budoka (edited 05-31-2000).]