PDA

View Full Version : Jodo in Tahoe/Reno area?

gabeguz
12th December 2005, 11:20
Hi, I'm going to be moving up to Truckee, CA later this month, and am wondering if anyone knows of any Shindo Muso Ryu in that area. I'll also be spending quite a bit of time in Reno, NV.

thanks,

gabe guzman

Steven Miranda
12th December 2005, 22:15
Not heard of any, however there is a pretty good Aikido school in Reno just over the boarder. http://www.renoaikido.org/

Matsuba
13th December 2005, 00:22
Mr. Guzman , Miranda sensei is correct about the Reno dojo. They have very good Iwama style weapons training. My dojo might be an option as well. We are located on the North shore of Lake Tahoe in Kings Beach. Our dojo's training is focused on Chiba sensei's jyo waza ( 36 jyo basics / Sansho ect..). Please feel free to Email me ( matsubadojo@yahoo.com ) with any questions. Jason House

gabeguz
13th December 2005, 19:53
Thank you both for the information. I currently train in an Iwama dojo here in San Diego, so was actually planning on training at that Reno dojo you mentioned. I did not know about the dojo in King's Beach however, I will have to see about stopping by since that is very close to where I will be staying.

Eric Montes
16th December 2005, 17:14
Mr. Guzman,
The SF/Bay Area is the closest for Shinto/Shindo Muso Ryu. I am currently establishing a group in San Francisco and there is another group practicing in Emeryville.

I will be in the Tahoe Area on a (hopefully) regular basis during ski season. Would be happy to meet with you.

Eric Montes
Oku-iri sho Shinto Muso Ryu

gabeguz
19th December 2005, 07:58
Mr. Guzman,
The SF/Bay Area is the closest for Shinto/Shindo Muso Ryu. I am currently establishing a group in San Francisco and there is another group practicing in Emeryville.

I will be in the Tahoe Area on a (hopefully) regular basis during ski season. Would be happy to meet with you.

Eric Montes
Oku-iri sho Shinto Muso Ryu

Great! Thanks for letting me know.