PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Ninpo

Ninjaintraining
20th December 2005, 18:18
Hi all my name is Dan, i just started to learn about Ninjutsu from a friend and have done a little bit of training but am still pretty much a novice. i am interested in any history, storys, training tips, or just interesting stuff any one wants to share with me. i am very interested in hearing from u guys and feel free to email me at danwat24@swbell.net

-dan waterbury :)

kennin
21st December 2005, 04:43
I consider it very, very impolite to pop into a forum, pose a question and demand the answers to be send by email.
You ask a question in a forum? You'll get the answers there!
A forum is a community. By asking to send the answers, you point out that you don't want to be a real member of the community. So what's the point of answering then?
If I'd be the mod here, I would delete your email address immediately.

The question you pose is quite vast, btw.

Read the forum to find your answers. If you don't find what you look for, pose specific questions.

@Ninjutsu: at which organisation do you train?

Garryn
21st December 2005, 07:03
Got to agree, your post seems lazy. If you're that interested you've got the entire net to search. decide what you're specifically asking and do a search

Daniel Bowley
21st December 2005, 07:52
Got to agree, your post seems lazy. If you're that interested you've got the entire net to search. decide what you're specifically asking and do a search

What a load of dribble. The guy is new into/ing himself and just asking anyone who wants to share to share any basic info. He did not ask people to email him the Ten Chi Jin, he just provided his email IF anyone wants to email him instead of posting on the forum.Ever think he may be trying to make some BUYU ?????
Lighten up you other two posters. :rolleyes: you spend to much time on Ebudo.

Here is some tips for you. find a good teacher , relax , go train and see what you think. Don't be scared to ask questions as most in the Bujinkan are not like these two who posted here.You will not be spoon fed and will be expected to workout lots for yourself over time .

Gee I feel sooooooo drained by answering this post :rolleyes:

niten ninja
21st December 2005, 08:31
Why not read through the posts already on this site?

taken67
21st December 2005, 11:29
Dan, do some research on this man: Toshitsugu Takamatsu.

Garryn
21st December 2005, 12:57
What a load of dribble. The guy is new into/ing himself and just asking anyone who wants to share to share any basic info. He did not ask people to email him the Ten Chi Jin,

Thought part of the history of ninjutsu was to do with information gathering.

Niten Ninjas advice to read the other threads

Just pointed out -in what I thought was a non adversarial way- that my first reaction to the post was that it was lazy.
Then pointed out he had not only the forum infront of him, but the entire net.

He could have got the Ten Chi Jin as a valid response.

Dan#1, if I came across as rude, I apologise. But as I said theres loads of info in here and out there. Go search.

Search ‘ukemi’, ‘kihon happo’ and ‘sanshin’ for a start.

See where it takes you

It'll provide the questions

yoj
21st December 2005, 13:03
you guys, honestly ;-) seems pretty sensible given the amount of fraudulent claims and dissinformation that abounds on the www.

Perhaps what he's really asking is, "Can someone point me at reputable sites for further reeading in the subject area?" Instead of ending up on Bob Faker's school of budoballs ninjers website of corny histories ;-)

Moses Colon
21st December 2005, 13:35
Ninjaintraining below you will find a few sites which might help you a good school of ninpo or as call ninjutsu.
www.genbukan.com
www.bujinkan.com
Please do stay away from other instructors which are not of these organizations for you will spend you hard earn money and most of all you time.
I stand Last samurai
may you find what you seek and good luck a new friend!
Sayonara!
Happy holidays to all here at E-Budo may this year bring us all love and peace no matter what school you come from!

Daniel Bowley
21st December 2005, 15:06
Thought part of the history of ninjutsu was to do with information gathering.
Quite right and now he has some where to look he is off to a good start. If however you know none of the terms used , how does he know where to start.

Dan#1, if I came across as rude, I apologise. But as I said theres loads of info in here and out there. Go search.

Garryn I did not find your post all that out of place except it seemed to be reenforcing Kennins rude behavior and I choose NOT to quote his post.
Everyone carries on about Frauds but given the reception some newbies get on boards it is no wonder the ranks of these fraudsters increase.

Evan London
21st December 2005, 18:59
www.genbukan.com
www.bujinkan.com
Please do stay away from other instructors which are not of these organizations for you will spend you hard earn money and most of all you time.

Excuse me, but you seem to have forgotten www.Jinenkan.com. It must have been an oversight.

Ninjaintraining
21st December 2005, 20:43
ok whoa there guys calm it down... i have been reasearching ninjitsu and i have been reading the posts on this forum...i am lucky enough to have Shawn Spruill as my teacher, i just started and am really interested in this. ive been reasearching when ever im not studying or in school. i was wondering if u could give me more places to go or other info. i gave my email address as an alternate way of communication. i dont know why you guys are being so hostile towards me. but i do thank those who understand what a new student thinks to try and get better.

-dan waterbury

Ninjaintraining
21st December 2005, 20:53
thank u guys for the web sites i will try them now. thanks to garryn yoj daniel taken samurai that is all peace out.

kakuma
21st December 2005, 21:44
Hello Dan,

Tell Woodstock I said hi. Also tell him to give James a call he is visiting family this week in Lubbock. Take care.

Ninjaintraining
22nd December 2005, 02:36
no problem dude i just did and he said he would call james tonight

Kamiyama
22nd December 2005, 05:40
dan waterbury,

Hello,
You can ask me any question.. I will reply with 100% honesty.. about anything I have experienced in the past 35 years.. of training here or by personal e-mail.

ralph severe, kamiyama

Daniel san
27th December 2005, 15:13
The net is a powerful tool, but how things are spelled versus what you hear can be very different. Searching is a waste of time without the proper vocabulary.

As soon as I have it down myself I will be of more help.

green27712
30th December 2005, 15:01
Daniel I have to agree with you here. This is not conducive to ENCOURAGING new folks to train. That kind of treatment to new folks is just plain RUDE. Let them take their bashes in the dojo not on the boards where HELP is supposed to be offered. this place should be about friendship not about "let's see how BIG I can make myself seem to the people around me by belittling them."
It is different if he were asking questions about things that he should get the answers from his Sensei. But that is not what he was asking for. I just recently started looking at e-budo again and am finding that alot of folks are treating people this way. Nothing new I guess.
I tend to think along the lines of WWHSD (what would Hatsumi Sensei Do?). I certainly do not believe that he would treat people in this manner. But then I also realized that not everyone that posts here is a member of the Bujinkan. do the other factions of Ninpo arts promote rude behavior??
No wonder the forums on the www get a bad rap. Now I know why I stopped posting here a while back. i just mostly look now and shake my head and say " my teacher was right."
If this offends someone- well I am sorry if I hurt your feelings, but maybe then some ego adjustment should be considered.

ed green

What a load of dribble. The guy is new into/ing himself and just asking anyone who wants to share to share any basic info. He did not ask people to email him the Ten Chi Jin, he just provided his email IF anyone wants to email him instead of posting on the forum.Ever think he may be trying to make some BUYU ?????
Lighten up you other two posters. :rolleyes: you spend to much time on Ebudo.

Here is some tips for you. find a good teacher , relax , go train and see what you think. Don't be scared to ask questions as most in the Bujinkan are not like these two who posted here.You will not be spoon fed and will be expected to workout lots for yourself over time .

Gee I feel sooooooo drained by answering this post :rolleyes: