PDA

View Full Version : PRIDE 2005 Results-

RobertRousselot
2nd January 2006, 03:45
http://www.pridefc.com/pride2004/06_results.htm

This years final PRIDE event had some really good fights and some real duds.

I thought several fights were rather “odd” and not what I am really interested in when I want to see a PRIDE event.

1st was Giant Silva and James Thompson. Giant Silva is just big 7’2” & 385lbs. and boring to watch.
2nd was Charles Bennett and Kaneko Ken. Bennett is a good tough fighter but Kaneko is an actor. Really. He is a professional movie actor that decided he wanted to get in the ring. Basically Bennett played with him for about 4 minutes before finishing him.

Some awesome matches were Fedor vs. Zulu. It’s always fun to watch Fedor pound on someone. The Gomi Takanori vs. Hayato Sakurai fight was also pretty good. Even though Gomi fights out of the same gym I train at I thought he might lose since Sakurai is a good tough fighter and is both taller and heavier than Gomi. However, Gomi is a great technician and tough as hell.
Gomi knocked Sakurai out in the first round.

Another fight that was not under PRIDE but rather K-1 using “HERO’s Rules (PRIDE type rules) was Royce Gracie vs Hideo Tokoro. This was a good fight for Tokoro and he did well against someone who was not only bigger and stronger but has more experience in the ring. I would keep an eye out for Tokoro in the future.