PDA

View Full Version : Registration Confirmation Email Problems

LiseBrown
4th January 2006, 12:10
My husband has been trying for weeks to register. He successfully completed the registration process, and waited for his activation email to come to his regular email address. It never came. He has tried to request his information several times automatically through the site with no response. He has sent emails to the moderators and to the webmaster directly with no responses. He has disabled all filters and tried again. Again, no responses. Our server shows no traces of ever having gotten anything in return. This morning I tried to register using my regular email address on the same server as my husband's. Just as happened to him, my registration was accepted, but the confirmation email never came. Again all filters were diasabled and subsequent attempts were made with no reply.

As an experiment, I used a hotmail address to register, and immediately received my activation email. Any ideas what might be happening?

Thanks,

Lise Brown

George Kohler
5th January 2006, 14:09
Can you please send me a PM with the usernames and e-mail addresses that did not work?

It could be that your ISP has a block. Spam filter maybe? For example, there has been a couple of times that I tried to send an e-mail to my work e-mail address and it did not go through due to a spam filter.

As for receiving an e-mail from your husband, I personally do not recall any e-mails. I do get a lot of spam, so if I don't recognize your name or the title doesn't have "E-Budo" on it or something similar, then I delete the e-mail.

I would suggest that your husband use a hotmail account to register.