PDA

View Full Version : Looking for facts

Rubber Tanto
11th January 2006, 03:03
Hi all,
I was wondering if any of those hailing from Japan would be able to help me.
I am currently looking into claims of a former instructor on his lineage and history and was wondering if anyone could assist me.

To quote part of his claim:
"formal training in Kyu Shin Ryu [Ninjutsu] began in a dojo outside the Yokohama naval base, under the tutorage of Sensei Noda. After he left the Navy in 1973, he travelled to Kyushu. During his stay on the island, he underwent extensive testing, which was administered by Grand Master Seito and Master Tononaga. It covered overall proficiency in Kyu Shin Ryu and Kobujutsu"

Now I've tried to look around a bit but am having a few issue3s...

For one Yokohama Naval base seems to be incorrectly named. It was formally known as the US Naval Housing Activity, Yokohama. Which was for the stay of US soldiers only (unless I am mistaken) the naval base itself is called Yokosuka naval base

Secondly the only Kyu Shin Ryu I could find on Kyushu was a Jujitsu school.
Please advise

Dean Whittle
11th January 2006, 03:52
Nick,

I'm pretty certain that Kyu Shin ryu ninjutsu is the bogus system of the Kevin Hawthorne Ninja Schools. It has no historical link with Japan. What they teach in their schools seems to be based on karate and TKD, with a little weaponry and "survivalist" training thrown in for good measure.

If you do a search on Kyu Shin ryu ninjutsu on this site you'll find a couple of other short threads from a while ago.

With respect

Rubber Tanto
11th January 2006, 13:51
Thanks Dean. I'll take a look at those threads

Yes, I am aware that it is Kevin Hawthorne and that the style is questionable, but I have recently come across websites and forums where I see examples of his very young students attitudes.

(I was a student of his as a youth and early teen before leaving and later following the path of the Bujinkan.)

He seems to be breeding much violence and hostility in these kids, as well as misleading them into what they believe to be a true japanese style.

Now that we have the internet at our disposal, it's amazing how one's lies can be looked into at greater depth when making such incredible claims...I've been looking for some solid evidence lately to finally show his students the type of man they are following. Thinking back to the foolery and deception I was subjected to as a kid, I hate to know it's still going on.

Mr Hawthorne claims to be taught by a number of instructors in his bio:

1) Sensei George Palmer (Judo) Note: At present this man does not seem to exist though funnily enough there seems to have been a "Charles Palmer" an australian Judo Champion at the same time...I find it hard to believe that a man would forget his sensei's first name after 9 years together though.

2) Sensei Max Comp (Judo) Note: Again, can find no information on this man.

3) Sensei Paul Guerillot (Shotokan) Note: This seems to be the only Legitamate Claim. BUT his time with Sensei Guerillot only seems to be 4-5 years. Not quite enough to give you a 6th dan.

4) Sensei Noda, Master Tononaga and Grand Master Seito. (Kyushin Ryu Ninjutsu) Note: Not a single thing to show me these men has existed. I have posted a map for KH students to have the location of the dojo pointed out and have yet to hear anything.